Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Inverter Tick Tock after emergency start ?  (Read 745 times)
mtownsen

Helpful Rating: -1
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2900
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 11:45:18 pm »

Still coming up to speed with our (new to us) 2007. This lomg weekend I left the new GPS plugged into the 12 volt socket and predictably the starting battery was flat when we came to leave. So I started the coach using the emergency switch which starts it of the house batteries. From that point on, for at least 100 miles, the inverter proceeded to make a tick tock noise, with about 3-5 seconds gap between each tick or tock. Eventually it stopped doing it, but I am worried that I did something wrong/broke something. There's nothing in the manual/on the web that describes the symptoms above, so I'm a little perplexed.

Anyone have any insight/calming words ?

Cheers - Mark T
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:26 am »

It sounds like the inverter was trying to reset itself after the power surge when starting the engine.  If it does not do it anymore, I would think all is well.  If it happens again, turn off the inverter using the switch on the inverter itself.  That is done by removing the double hindges on the access door.  I seem to recall, when I turn off, then on my 2007 inverter, it makes that tick tock sound once, maybe twice.

If you do not have small children, I suggest you consider removing the double hinges to the inverter's access panel and install a door latch like I did.  There seems to be a need once in a while to turn off the inverter that way, and your condition could be one of those times.  If we later have little grand kids traveling with us, I plan to install a child safety latch, like is commonly used at home.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
mtownsen

Helpful Rating: -1
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2900
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:46:49 pm »

Excellent advice. I have yet to master the inverter and I think the idea of making it easy to get to is brilliant.

Cheers - Mark T
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: