Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Best Blue Ridge/Shenandoah campground  (Read 1269 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: July 02, 2010, 09:45:14 am »

We just made our way up to Massachusetts from Florida. We travelled the Parkway/Shenadoah Skyline Drive from Fancy Gap to Front Royal VA.

The nicest campground that we were in was Loft Mountain on Skyline Dr. Level Pads, clean!!! It is in the National Park so no hookups.

We saw one other PC  while travelling on the the Parkway.

We will be on our way to the Candian Maritimes next week. Plan to do the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia and then on to Prince Edward Island for a couple of weeks.

Our 2350 is all that it is cracked up to be.

If there are any of you in the area, let us know. Would love to connect with other PC owners.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
captgw2
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:08:45 pm »

Hi Judi.

Carleen and I are going to be about a month behind you getting to the Blue Ridge Parkway area. We are leaving FL about July 17, then headed to Indiana for various reasons, THEN work our way toward Skyline Drive, then south. Good tip on Loft Mountain, I'll note to stop in! I understand the Parkway is having their 75th anniversay.....

Did you encounter anything such as height or length restrictions on your travels? We have a 2350 and be pulling a 6x10 motorcycle trailer.

Any other campgrounds you felt were worthy to stop in?

Have a great time in Nova Scotia! I was there 2 years ago and would love to go back. I would go back soley for the lobster dinners and the bucket of mussels!!

Gene
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:40:47 am »

We found no restictions at all. As a matter of fact, we thought it would be really busy because of the 75th and it was not at all.

At MM 175 is the Mabry Mill with a working mill and a good on site restaurant serving breakfast all day.

We stopped at Lake Ridge RV Resort in Hillsville VA for 2 nights to catch up on laundry and email. Pretty but had to move because first site was not level. If you stop, get a site on the lake.

We really enjoyed Fort Clinch State Park in Fernadina Beach FL. Nice beach, Civil War Fort.

We have done, so far, 1889 miles from Punta Gorda, FL to Ma. No issues with the PC so far. Tonight is the first of many lobsters on this trip. Cheers!

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 08:17:29 am »

GradyGal,

We are seriously considering a trip to the Maritimes.
Any narrative of your trip you can give me will be appreciated.

Also, we like to travel U. S. highways and just off U. S. 11 near I-81 in Staunton, VA there is a KOA we like a lot. You may want to give that a try in your travels.

Peg and I just completed a 7-week, 10,000-plus mile trip in our 2007 2350. The Phoenix doesn't have the all the amenities or ability to tow our previous Alpine did but it sure was a more enjoyable, worry-free trip. Except for the Head, which I barely fit into if standing on 1 leg and don't raise my arms to wash my head, it was a good move for us (now, if I could just figure out a way to get a new 2551).

Safe travels and watch for the crazies out there.

Bob

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: