Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xantrex Inverter  (Read 1357 times)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 93
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2010, 11:43:00 am »

Anyone--help me understand!

Without the inverter on, we can't use the receptacles below the sink, bathroom, main t.v or the outside receptacles. Once the inverter comes on, we can run these for a period of time and then it shuts down.

When the inverter is on, the battery indicator reads 13.5. The bathroom receptacle does not pop nor do any of the breakers or fuses.

I have checked the batteries, looked at the wiring trying to diagnose the problem. Is this normal?

George

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 12:48:35 pm »

Are you plugged into shore power?  On shore power, the 110 volts passes through the inverter to the items you described whether the inverter is on or off.

If not on shore power then the inverter needs to be on to provide 110 volts (from the batteries) to those items.  When the inverter is providing the 110 volts from the battery (not on shore power) the inverter will shut down if the battery voltage gets too low or if the output load is above its limits.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 05:03:00 pm »

Yes, we're plug in to 110. No power without inverter powered up. Not always, able to get inverter to power up, sometimes turning the battery switch to use and store the inverter comes on.

George

Punta Gorda FL
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:54 pm »

What RV year and inverter model do you have, maybe my 2010 RV with Xantrex XM 1800 operates different from yours.

On mine, when plugged in to 110, the 110 passes through to the items you described with the inverter on or off at the control panel on the wall.  Also, the battery switch has no effect on the inverter passing through the 110.
Bob

2010  PC 2551
captgw2
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 07:43:30 am »

George,

I too have had this problem for awhile and decided to diagnose it. I found that even though I was plugged in, the Xantex 1800 would not allow 'pass though' capabilities of 120v to the outlets.

I then put in a call to Kermit to see if he had a magic bullet for this. It turns out Xantrex sent out a few bad apples and the unit will need to be changed out. Didn't you pick your Cruiser up right before we did in late October? If so, probably THAT batch of inverters.

Please call Kermit and see what he would suggest. He is going to exchange mine when I am up in Elkhart in 2 weeks, maybe he can ship one to you so an RV electrican can install? It's not a difficult task, but I would suggest disconnecting the 12v positive and NOT have the Cruiser plugged in.

Gene
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:53:39 pm »

Gene

Thanks for the info. I'll call Kermit next week. The shop is closed for vac.

George

Punta Gorda FL
rockrat

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: April, 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: umbra
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:08:16 pm »

George, did you ever get your inverter problem resolved? I am having some electric problem with my 2010 PC and I am suspecting it is inverter related. Guess I should give Kermit a call. I hope he is as forthcoming as everybody say he is. Thanks

2010 2350 with slideout
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: