Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: tail wagging the dog  (Read 864 times)
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2010, 02:17:49 pm »

Just returned on a trip to Maine from N. E. PA.   Towed my Jeep Liberty behind our 2350 Ford.  Towed great except for a little bit of tail wagging dog when big rigs flew by. I think I will have to make some of the chasis upgrades suggested by Ron Ditmer.  When I was pulling a long hill coming our of PA I had to stay in the passing lane to get past the other slow motorhomes pulling toads. No problems on power, that is for sure.

DJM

Because nice matters....

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 10:13:26 am »

As you referenced me mentioning in other posts, the Henderson rear trak bar eliminates the "Tail Wagging The Dog".
For the E350, Click Here
For the E450, Click Here

On a related note, I am nearing the end of setting up our 2006 Jeep Liberty and 2007-PC2350 for towing using a Roadmaster Falcon-II hitch, and Unified Tow Brake system.  In the past we towed a fun little sports car, but in the interest of adventure, we sold the car and bought the 4x4 Liberty last winter which doubles as my wife's everyday vehicle.  She picked it out and loves that thing.

To see the Roadmaster Tow Bar Bracket I installed on the Liberty, Click Here
To see the Unified Tow Brake system: Click Here

After watching the video along with reviewing alternatives, I decided on the Unified.
The Phoenix Cruiser on the E350 chassis requires model UTB-1000.  I think the E450 would require model UTH-1000.
I completed the tow vehicle portion last night, which was the bulk of the work as seen in the diagram.  The motor home portion remains which appears to be extremely simple by comparison.  I found the installation for the tow vehicle to be quite challenging for me.  I could have whipped through the installation process much faster for the sake of time, but I wanted the installation clean, as invisible as possible, and as trouble-free as possible.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:25:36 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: