Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Buying new  (Read 2419 times)
DownBy TheRiver

Helpful Rating: -3
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Hopefully soon
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2910D is my favorite model
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 02:55:00 am »

Hey Stuart - Glad to see you dropping in here.

Questions about the 2400 if I may?

1)  I was looking at the new 2400 in inventory.  On that unit, the fridge is moved forward over the axle, deleting the pantry, but adding countertop and cabs to the kitchen.  A running change?  Original plan still available?  Do the new cabs duplicate the storage space in the former pantry unit?

2)  When adding the new larger slide including the wardrobe, the exterior storage area located under the wardrobe cabinet was lost.  Is the original smaller slide w/this external storage area still available?
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 06:45:02 pm »

I pay $500.00 to anyone that shows there coach and helps me sell a new Phoenix.
Stuart
Please send a check for $15,000 to Ron Dittmer......
Correction: $20,000.  rolling on the floor
I'd settle for upgrades.

empty handed Ron  shrug

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2010, 09:57:51 am »

I will just reiterate what Stuart said. Sometimes we have a unit that makes it all the way to the end of assembly before it sells, but more often than not, by the time it's partially finished, someone has purchased it. Glenn, I've looked high and low for photos of a 2100 without a slide for you, and I just cannot find one at all.  shrug  I'm all the way down here in Kentucky (where Phoenix keeps me chained to the desk, lest I escape  Wink ), so I can't check at the actual factory, but I know they looked there too.  Cry

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2010, 10:19:32 am »

Hey Stuart - Glad to see you dropping in here.

Questions about the 2400 if I may?

1)  I was looking at the new 2400 in inventory.  On that unit, the fridge is moved forward over the axle, deleting the pantry, but adding countertop and cabs to the kitchen.  A running change?  Original plan still available?  Do the new cabs duplicate the storage space in the former pantry unit?

2)  When adding the new larger slide including the wardrobe, the exterior storage area located under the wardrobe cabinet was lost.  Is the original smaller slide w/this external storage area still available?

Phoenix is always happy to do what they need to do to make a customer happy. Give Stuart a call and see. He may be able to work something out for a new unit, or may have a used one coming in that fits the need.

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2010, 11:52:10 am »

If anyone still has a comment on my original post regarding how they chose their PC model whether by examining a motor home at the factory or by relying on the brochure and this forum I'd welcome it.
Glenn,

I would NOT recommend buying any motor home without first seeing one in-person.  It doesn't have to be your exact model & floor plan, but at least one of the family.  You'll want to touch & feel the quality (or lack of) and see how relative features suit you.  In the case of the PC, the interior height and width, entry door, over-the-cab area, it's all the same between models.  If you examine one model closely, you'll get a very good idea how another model will feel.

My wife and I saw our first Phoenix Cruiser at an RV show near Chicago's O'Hare airport in February 2007.  It happened to be the exact model we wanted, a 2350.  The show unit had a slide-out which we elected not to order.  We did visit the factory, to see a no-slide dinette in a different model to validate our decision.  That visit also helped us make decisions on features and colors.  We do live only 160 miles from the factory which made for a nice Saturday spent together.

There are very few pictures available of a no-slide dinette which is why I posted pictures of mine --->  CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 10:41:36 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: