Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pump Surge  (Read 570 times)
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010, 05:34:37 pm »

A week away in CO and ran into a potential problem that someone here might be able to pinpoint.  Let me preface this by pointing out that when we bought our 2010 2551S the sink faucet had a major leak in the spray head and the faucet itself pulsed.  Still does all of that because we haven't had a chance to call Kermit and find out how to get it fixed.  A real pain to have that problem.  In any event, this trip we were fully hooked up.  Yet when we ran water it (1) came out in a trickle at all faucets; (2) the pump -- which was not on -- moaned and surged loudly, and; (3) the water then would come fully on.  I think there is a leak somewhere.  I'm used to a pump surging when dry camping but not when hooked up to city water.  Any thoughts?  Thanks as always.

Paula
Santa Fe
campman1

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 10:47:39 pm »

Hi PJ,

We had a camper once that came with sawdust in the faucet.  Must have been laying on counter and got some in before instalation.   Or maybe you can just check the small screen on the faucet.   Other than that a crimped line.

Just thoughts,   Campman   Ron

ps     We have been in ours camping now for 67 nights and not home yet.  Alaska was sure pretty this year.

Mercedes did well.
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 01:19:19 pm »

Talked to Kermit.  He thinks the problem is a defective city water check valve and is sending one on along with a new spray head for the kitchen faucet.  Thanks Kermit!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: