Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 3 Weeks In Banff, Jasper, Yoho, & Theodore R. NP too 8/2010  (Read 2458 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 296
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« on: August 23, 2010, 01:24:03 pm »

We just returned from a 3 week trip in the Canadian Rockies.  Our 2007 Phoenix Cruiser 2350 performed flawlessly with all but 4 nights without electric.  We towed our 2006 Jeep Liberty but wondered if it was needed.  The parks had great accomodations for parking RVs like ours at most scenic oppertunities.
CLICK HERE TO SEE THE PICTURES

Ron
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 11:18:46 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
aimee
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 03:31:40 pm »

I can't wait to see photos!  If you want to share them on the Website, send 'em on to me at comments@phoenixcruiser.com

Cheers!
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 08:44:22 pm »

Sounds great.  Can't wait to see the photos. Planning our trip for next summer.  I am thinking about leaving the Jeep liberty at home too.

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 197
________
OwnPC: No
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:44:57 pm »

WOW what a great looking place you went to.  ThumbsUp  Nice job of taking the photos and sharing them. When you can please, pretty please add some more.

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint

We no longer own a PC. We had two of them and loved them both. Due to changing health and no longer camping, we wanted a touring coach. Phoenix does not make a class B so we had to turn to a Winnebago Travato 59K in March 2018
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 44
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »

Ron:

Ok. You are now my new hero..  It looks like a wonderful time was had.  If you get a chance could you send me a itinerary of your trip?  Most awesome!!!

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
Margie

Helpful Rating: 7
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 07:22:34 pm »

Ron,

I was looking through old posts today attempting to see if anyone had traveled up to the Banff/Jasper area.  We are thinking about possibly going late summer or early fall.  By any chance, do you have your itinerary posted anywhere or have any helpful ideas?  We also have a 2350 but ours is a Sprinter. 

Margie
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 11:56:31 pm »

Hi Marge,

That trip was nearly 8 years ago.  I feel that was one of a few trips where we could have left our tow vehicle home.  BUT I feel a PC longer than a 2350 may benefit from a tow vehicle.  You have a 2350 Sprinter so no worries that I can think of.

Traveling late summer early fall is going to get cold at night.  July/August will be your warmest time.  But even then, it can snow.  Also keep in-mind that later in the year means shorter days.

There are 4 large provincial parks (Canadian National Parks) lumped together, Banff, Jasper, Yoho, and Kootenay.  A day hike to Twin Falls in Yoho is so beautiful with a tea house to eat and enjoy the view from.  That is one example of the "other" places not to brush off.

I do not have any documentation nor pictures posted any longer.  We live near Chicago and our 3 week trip back then was too fast pace.  You are in California.  I recommend 4 weeks to slow down a bit and enjoy the trip at a more leisurely pace.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 12:03:25 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

RheaNL

Helpful Rating: 84
________
PurchDate: October 4, 2012
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk
ExtColor: Dusk lower
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 01:31:29 pm »

We did that itinerary in 2013, but continued on up to Edmonton and a little east to Elk Island. We were gone from Colorado almost five weeks. Just drove past Yellowstone, Glacier, Waterton and other sites we have seen many times and five weeks wasn't enough. Ron is correct that if you want your trip  to feel more like a scenic tour than a road race, try and make it at least four weeks. There is another active thread about needing reservations you should follow as well.  Becoming more and more of a problem.

We do not tow and had no problem renting cars in Baniff, Jasper and Edmonton. There are some beautiful scenic roads in both parks that will not accommodate an RV.

I can check and see what I have left of an itinerary.
Margie

Helpful Rating: 7
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 12:33:51 am »

Thank you so much for your responses.  I you do still have an itinerary, I would love to see it.  It may be too late to get reservations at campgrounds for this summer but I hope we can.  We don't mind not having hookups and rarely do when out and about exploring.  Like so many others, we love to just go and spend as much time as we want without having to stick to a schedule dictated by reservations but I guess those days are about over for everywhere.  I appreciate all of your comments.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 08:14:18 am »

Hi Margie,

They say it is wise to have reservations, but we always go everywhere without them, including that region.  I think you will be okay since you are fine with secondary and primitive camp grounds.  As a last resort, there are private camp grounds which sometime fill up their good full hook-up sites, but not so much for their primitive tent camping.  Our PC-2350 has spend a few nights in private camp ground tent sites given it's smaller size.  They appreciate the business and always try to make something work as long as we are flexible.

Ron Dittmer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: