Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Free National Park Pass for Fourth Graders  (Read 759 times)
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 158
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:51:28 pm »

I ran across this program online and wanted to pass it along in the hope that you will all pass it along. The NPS is giving a free annual national park pass to fourth graders that do an online activity or a classroom activity (the teacher then prints their paper pass). They can take their paper pass and exchange it for a plastic keepsake card at select sites. The website says the NPS will repeat this every year for fourth graders only (someone decided 9-11 year old kids are open to discovering the world around them so they plan to draw them in). The pass gets all kids under 16 plus three adults into NPS sites that charge entrance fees (and that accept annual passes). The rules and regulations as well as the link for the child to access the online activity are all linked through this site: http://www.nps.gov/kids/features/2015/everyKid.cfm They have to be able to print their paper pass immediately after competing the activity.

John finally hit 62 so we have the Senior Pass but we paid $80.00 for an annual pass before he hit that benchmark. The Fourth Grade kids pass runs on a school calendar so it is September through August. If you have 4th grade grandchildren or school affiliations that you can pass this on to.... share the info. It works for home schooled children also that are 10 years old/4th grade equivalent. All the info is online. We will be getting a pass for our 4th grade Granddaughter, Chloe, and will let her "pay" our admission to any NPS sites we hit through August. She is already heavily into the Junior Ranger program so this just adds one more cool NPS keepsake.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Pax
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 05:58:02 am »

Great info, Holly....thanks!  I've passed this on to friends who can take advantage of it.  I hope it's still around when our granddaughter is old enough.   

- Mike
JimInVA

Helpful Rating: 31
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: None
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 04:33:08 pm »

Thanks for the great information!  I've made a post about this on my Facebook account and referenced the NPS program.

Thanks again!

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: