Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VORTEX AND NEED FOR TOAD PROTECTION  (Read 330 times)
Joseph

Helpful Rating: 18
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 3/7/2015
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan/Cherry
ExtColor: Gray / White
________

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2016, 08:43:48 pm »

We just returned from a short 4,000 mile trip. During which we hit quite a bit of rain and it allowed me to see just how the vortex behind the PC strikes my car. Quite frankly it beats it hard enough to pull one of the roll cage panels loose  Oddly enough I ran into someone with a class a DP pulling the exact same (smart) car who had none of the issues I had.  I'll need to install something along the lines of a Kar Guard or Kar Guard II or possibly a protect a tow to hopefully cure this. Does any one have any experience with any of the three guards I listed?

Many Thanks!

Joseph
bookspook

Helpful Rating: 13
________
PurchDate: 12-7-15
ModelYear: 2013
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 12:15:56 am »

I've used Protect A Tow for well over 5 yrs. and have been well pleased with it.  No dings to the toad......No rocks on the hood, etc.  Easy to put on and take off and easy to store.  I haven't mounted the eyebolts to the back of the PC 2552 we have, now.  The other rig had a bumper, which they were mounted to, but the PC doesn't.  I think someone else on the forum is also using Protect a Tow and I'd be interested to know where to mount the bolts.
Joseph

Helpful Rating: 18
________
PurchDate: 3/7/2015
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Cherry
ExtColor: Gray / White
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:40:41 pm »

Yes, that was my concern as well. That and I'm not so sure I have a place for hooks on the car either. I've been considering the Blue Ox Kar-gard. No question I have to do something; the PC really blasts the toad. I really hadn't been aware as I had not taken a long trip so to speak. This trip we did 4,000 miles in 2 weeks and hit quite a bit of rain. Watching how the rain reacted behind the PC was like running a basic wind tunnel test.
lamovitz

Helpful Rating: 3
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2014
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Dark Gray
ExtColor: Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 09:37:07 pm »

We have towed a mini Cooper first behind a coachhouse 4 years and now 3rd year behind PC. Used protect a tow and worked great for most part. It will deteriorate so we are on second one but like the protection and simplicity. Just be sure to install per instructions. Bolts were east to put onto mini and PC. 
bookspook

Helpful Rating: 13
________
PurchDate: 12-7-15
ModelYear: 2013
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 01:38:06 am »

lamovitz.......What did you mount the bolts to on the PC?
lamovitz

Helpful Rating: 3
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2014
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Dark Gray
ExtColor: Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 04:03:29 pm »

Simply drilled four holes on very back number piece on horizontal section. The underside of back bumper. If you want picture by text give me phone number to send to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: