Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recliner Damage  (Read 407 times)
JoeyD

Helpful Rating: 8
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 1/16/2013
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Black/Grey
________

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2016, 12:44:40 pm »

I am quite disturbed by what I found on the head rest portion of one of our recliners... As you can see in the attached picture, it is quite a mess.  I can't figure out how it got that way.  Both chairs are used equally yet the other chair is in perfect condition, as are the driver and passenger seats.  Any idea how I can get this repaired?
Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 41
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
Model: 2100
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 01:15:45 pm »

JoeyD,

Someone else posted recently about their ultraleather peeling off in stripes.   I would let the folks at PC know your experience.   I will be checking ours frequently as we have it on the seats, dinette, and sofa/bed in our 2013 2100.  We had a better grade of Ultraleather in our previous  motorhome and it looked brand new after the 10 years we owned it.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 212
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »

Hmmmm, That is disturbing to see.  Given it is one head rest, I wonder if the material broke down from a hair care product.

My wife's sister married an African American.  Our 3 sweet adult nieces with their big beautiful afro hair, when they visit for Christmas, pending their fashion that day, they can leave behind a sheen on our leather couches which we clean up the next day for fear of a reaction.

But it could be hair spray or other hair care products.  It leaves me to wonder how safe those products are.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 06:44:07 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
JoeyD

Helpful Rating: 8
________
PurchDate: 1/16/2013
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Black/Grey
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 07:29:23 pm »

In my case Ron... I use NO hair care products, nor does my wife. In fact, I have very little hair to put hair care products in.
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 115
________
PurchDate: March 2012
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 07:59:48 pm »

Joey,
We have the same year as you. We have already had the arms and the backs of the Euro chairs replaced.  the back and seat of the sofa is peeling off in big hunks as well. The drivers seat is falling apart. We have spoken with Kermit about the problem and he will send us replacement covers when we get back to Florida. He had indicated previously that Paul's Seating got a bad batch of the phony leather.

In ours, it looks like skin peeling after a very bad sunburn. It looks disgusting!!!!!

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 10:44:10 pm »

In my case Ron... I use NO hair care products, nor does my wife. In fact, I have very little hair to put hair care products in.
Okay, I understand.  So that can be ruled out.

Joey, We have the same year as you. We have already had the arms and the backs of the Euro chairs replaced.  the back and seat of the sofa is peeling off in big hunks as well. The drivers seat is falling apart. We have spoken with Kermit about the problem and he will send us replacement covers when we get back to Florida. He had indicated previously that Paul's Seating got a bad batch of the phony leather.  In ours, it looks like skin peeling after a very bad sunburn. It looks disgusting!!!!!Judi
Wow, how weird is that?  I am glad that Paul's Seating and the factory are both aware of the problem and are supplying good replacements.

Are you expected to do the upholstery work yourself?  Or are you taking your rigs somewhere to get the new covers installed?

Ron

Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
Model: 2100
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 08:44:46 am »

Judi,

Thanks for posting about the defective batch of ultraleather.   Ours is also a 2013 and am hoping it is not part of the bad batch.   As I mentioned previously we had a different type of Ultraleather and could not have been happier with its performance.

I hope you and Joey will soon have new upholstery without too much inconvenience.
Gail
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2016, 09:07:52 am »

On page 5 of the 2007 brochure is a list of popular options of which it specifically says "Leather Seating (Captain Chairs)".  So when we ordered our 2350 in 2007, I expected the front captain seats to be leather on the seating surfaces, and vinyl on all other surfaces, but I never could confirm it.  I really don't think our front captain seats have any leather in them, but maybe I am wrong.  Maybe it's bonded leather which is a percentage of leather inside a concoction of various materials on a roll.  These days you have to ask "What kind of leather is it, bonded(poor quality), top grain(okay), or full grain leather(real quality)?"  I would rather have vinyl instead of bonded leather for bonded leather has very poor durability.  But so far our seats are holding up well, yet our rig is not a good gauge to go by given it is inside a dark controlled temp garage most of the time.

The way this was written back in 2007, the implication is that all other seats upgraded to leather, might not be actual leather.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 09:25:03 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 115
________
PurchDate: March 2012
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2016, 05:31:35 pm »

The back and the arms of the Euro chairs are easy to replace. George did it. We are a little concerned about the driver's seat. We might have to take it to a Co. that will do it for us.

It is disappointing but we are working with a company that has EXCEPTIONAL customer service. We have no doubt that this issue will be fixed as soon as we get back to florida.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
BuffaloRose

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: 3/3/2014
ModelYear: 2010
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 10:32:13 am »

We have a 2010 2350 that we purchased used, in Florida, 2 years ago. The seat on the drivers side was peeling slightly on the bottom door side when we purchased our rig. We assumed it had been damaged by sitting in direct Florida sun.  After one trip out west, the stuff was peeling all over the seat bottom and leaving a mess.  We had that seat re-covered.  We keep our unit under a covered shed in a shady area.  No direct sunlight.  The passenger seat and the sofa began peeling.  It starts in a small area, but quickly grows.  We re-covered the passenger seat, but can't decide what to do about the sofa.  I don't believe this is the result of a bad batch, but instead, just a cheap product.  5 years for seats with reasonable care should not result in this type problem.  Would love to hear suggestions about replacing that sofa.  It is a hide-a-bed but we never use it for sleeping.  My husband is a do-it-yourselfer.  Afraid to attempt removal and replacement on this.  We want comfort for lounging and are afraid of ordering a sofa untried.

BuffaloRose
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: