Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thermostat  (Read 465 times)
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2010, 09:11:40 am »

Has anyone here replaced the stock thermostat with a digital one?  If so, which one did you purchase and has the replacement been useful for you in terms of controlling heat or air more accurately?  thanks.

Paula
Santa Fe
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 38
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 11:46:05 am »

A new AC that would pass my draw down test was included when I bought my unit, used.  It was a Carrier 15K unit and included a new digital thermostat.  It was horribly inaccurate (~9-10° to low) until I found a Carrier website that had instructions to adjust the offsets and how to access the programs.  Once the re-set was accomplished it has been very accurate.  I suspect the selling dealer re-set it to make the new AC unit appear to be performing better than it was - I brought my own calibrated digital thermometer to check the draw down rate.  This is probably not much in the way of help, but is my experience.

L. G.

P.S. Forgot to include, that instructions were also on the site, to adjust the anticipatory circuit too, and that has helped keep the humidity and temp in check.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 11:50:53 am by lghjr » Logged
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 09:39:27 pm »

I wonder if the mechanical thermostat can be adjusted to reduce the swing in temps.  One day I'll have to see if I have an owner's manual on that thing and determine if there is an adjustment.  We like the one we have, but not the temp swing it yields.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: