Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please visit us on Facebook  (Read 1522 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:08:54 pm »

I just opened up our Facebook page--brand new.  Right now only Amanda and I are fans, and we don't count since we're admins. So the race is on...who will be the first fan?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Phoenix-Cruiser-RVs/135880649756920?v=wall

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 05:39:27 pm »

We have a first!  ThumbsUp Who's going to be second? Cheer

Aimee, Webmistress
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:07:38 pm »

Great idea.  Just made a post.  Cheers

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 166
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »

Sorry everyone, but I won't be going there.  I made the mistake of opening a facebook account early this year which consumed so much of my computer time that I had to close my account and say...."Not For Me".  But I hope you all enjoy it!

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 03:54:57 pm »

Well, Ron, I can certainly sympathize with that. It's hard to find a good balance sometimes. You help us out a lot here at the forum, and the Facebook page will be pointing them here when we get good posts, etc. I'll be working next month on trying to mesh them together a little bit so Facebook users can get the benefit of the expertise here a little bit, and get instructed to come here for discussions. We don't have plans to add discussions, etc. to the Facebook.

Aimee, Webmistress
kevin

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 9/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:12:41 pm »

wonerful, i joined facebook just to  befriend & visit all y'all (how do i stick in that yellow m&m that jumps up?) and now i find out 'tis yet another time sucker. drat.....i think facebook has quite a mining program in order to pick out friends i may wish to friend.  Although, I'm glad to learn I can remain here to learn & share my Phoenix (when she is ready) experiences and travels. 

kevin
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:58:25 pm »

I use facebook to save me time, for the most part. If you avoid the games, it's easy to pop in, update everyone who needs updating all at once, and then pop back out. When my son won the gold at nationals this year, I posted it on facebook from the event in about 15 seconds, and I didn't call a single person to tell them. Everybody who needed to know got to see it with photos. The same with videos of the event, and such.

Think about someone picking up their new RV, and posting a photo and status update at the factory.  All the time saved from e-mails and phone calls, etc.

We really do appreciate you signing up and hanging out with us there, but don't worry.  If you can't hang out there, I'll still keep you guys posted on things here. You are my first priority.  Heart Shower

Aimee, Webmistress
kevin

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 10:10:29 pm »

javascript:void(0);Aimee, I did not mean to pooh-pooh our being on facebook as you got me dragged into the 21st century.  My wife, son & friends are chuckling mightily at that accomplishment.  They are thinking I may now get a cell phone or cable tv.  Oops, I correct myself to non-antenna tv.  Why, just last year we modernized our internet from dial-up to wireless.  oh....If you sent us pictures of our Phoenix progressing on the line, my wife would put them on her facebook page & then all her friends would see how fine it is.
Sorry, I'm just a man - I'll change....if I have to....
kevin
member witness protection program
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 04:58:27 pm »

Ooh....let me see if I can grab pix of it!

edited to add:
Kevin, I understand exactly what you mean. One of my dearest family friends is a man I have to drag kicking and screaming into the present every few years. He was running a large eBay business on dial-up until I finally hounded him to upgrade last year. Now his whole life has changed. LOL
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 05:03:30 pm by aimee » Logged

Aimee, Webmistress
kevin

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 07:54:21 am »

Aimee,
My wife, Linda, has been trying to tag some pictures on her fb page to the Phoenix fb page to no avail.  As she does this all the time with her other fb friends, she is frustrated with the page.  As I don't know how it all works - as shown by my "liking" Phoenix on facebook and did not realize that that wasn't the same as being a friend.  Linda didn't either until this morning.  She finally found something about emailing Phoenix to get a something.  So, what is the address?
help
kevin
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 05:41:58 pm »

business pages can't have "friends" they can just have "fans", or people that "like" them.

when you want to post something and tag Phoenix, here's what you do.

1. Visit the Phoenix Cruiser RV page on Facebook, and "like" it.

2. Place your photo in your "What's on Your Mind" box, to post it on your wall.

3. In the text box along with that, type your message, and be sure to type this:   @Phoenix Cruiser RV's  As you start typing, a little drop-down will suggest "Phoenix Cruiser RV's" to you. Select that to change the @Phoenix Cruiser RV's to a link to the Facebook page.

4. Change your permissions for this post from 'Friends' to 'Everybody', and submit it!

It will post on the Phoenix Facebook page, and will post on your wall.  Your friends will get the update from you, and they can click through to the Phoenix Cruiser page too if they like! :-)

Cheers!

Aimee, Webmistress
kevin

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 12:46:38 pm »

Hey Aimee, I read the directions on how to post pictures to the FaceBook page, as Linda was again having problem posting to PC page, and no pop down window appeared & she still can't post.  Did directions change since August?  oops, something is happening, it shows last picture.... or something......nope, nothing.   She doesn't know why she can't just tag them.
Help
kevin
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 08:32:01 pm »

She can't just tag them, because business pages are not friends, and can't be tagged. She would need to write a status, set the visibility to 'everyone', and tag Phoenix in the status. Then click on 'add photo' and upload a photo. It has to be a status update, and it has to be tagged within it. Sorry!

Aimee, Webmistress
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: