Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: in motion satellite  (Read 1560 times)
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 09/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2010, 10:26:58 pm »

Hi Y'all:

So, on my 2010 2350 I ordered an in motion satellite. My motorhome was delivered with the sat installed. Now here lies the problem. Phoenix told me to call direct tv and have the receiver sent to me and sign up.  Well they only way Direct tv will connect the dish up is if I take my MH to a authorized rv dealer who sells the satellites and have them install the receiver and sign me up.  Well, the nearest rv dealer who does that is over 100 miles away.  Any one have any experience with this problem??

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
rockrat

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: April, 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: umbra
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:10:58 pm »

Hi

I am kind of in the same situation but an slowly trying to work through the problem. I have a 2010 2350 with a Tracvision satallite dome on the roof. When I took delivery of the MH, they say Oh, all you need is to put a Directv box to the TV and it just sound so easy.
So I have to wait 4 months for my Time Warner contract to expire at my residence so I can sign up with Directv. They came and hooked up my residence with one HD and three non-HD receiver box. My initial thinking is that I will just take the HD receiver box out from home  and hook it to the RV whenever I want to go RVing. However, the HD TV on the RV is enclosed and I cannot get access to hook up the HMDI cable to it. I finally called up Kermit today and he told me how to get the TV out. My second thinking was just to hook up the RV TV with a non-HD receiver box, but some how either I don't know how to get the wiring right, I am not getting any signal from Directv yet.

I will be taking the RV down to the beach this weekend, hopefully I will have a little more time to work on it and will keep you inform if there is any good develpment.

2010 2350 with slideout
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  Please keep me posted.

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
rockrat

________
PurchDate: April, 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
ExtColor: umbra
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 08:59:17 pm »

DJM

so after 5 months I was finally able to get my directv dish connected to my tv and get it working. Even though my TV is a HD TV, it does not require a HDMI cable so when you order your Directv receiver, make sure you have the right kind of receiver. From my forward top right cabinet next to the TV, there is a coaxial cable come out and from the Tracvision output, there are two coaxial cable come out, one coaxial goes to the TV at the back and one goes to the TV up front, just connect those input and output cable to the Directv receiver box.
Set the TV channel to 3 and turn on the Tracvision satellite and the TV screen will say searching for satellite signal. You will have to push the exit button before a menu screen comes on and ask you a few self explanatory question before it will actually start searching for signal.
You really don't need Directv to come and install the receiver box. But I did call up KVH TracVision and they were very helpful to help me out.
I took my RV camping this weekend, and I was able to get all the channels that I have ordered and I am very happy about that.

I use a splitter to connect my input cable to the back TV connection, so both of my TV can have input to al the channels.

Donald

2010 2350 with slideout
mwleung

________
PurchDate: 6/2010
Model: 2551
Slide: No
IntColor: tan
ExtColor: brown/sable
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 08:17:47 am »

I am a little confused.... we have direct TV at home.  All we did was take the receiver out of the spare bedroom (we don't expect any guests while using the RV) and hook it up in the RV.  Out sat was installed at the factory in Elkhart.

The TVs work both front and rear in our unit(2551) but two different channels may NOT be watched.

Good luck - this can be a frustrating problem when you are out in the boonies and cut off from everyone and everything!!

jmosier

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 12/29/2012
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit
ExtColor: Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 02:58:52 pm »

Just received my 2552 two days ago and I can not figure out how to set it up.  There is only one coaxial cable connection in the unit.  There is a switchplate with what looks like a computer connection and one coaxial cable connection.  What goes where?

Jim
Jan and Dick

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 5/23/12
Model: 2551
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 07:54:21 pm »

I have Dish and just installed a receiver to my satellite dish.  It was not hard to do.  Read my reply on the more recent post on satellite dish.  If you do not have Direct TV at home already you might want to look into Dish instead.  They are very RV friendly.

Dick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: