Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 6-CD Radio For The Ford Chassis  (Read 466 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« on: September 30, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »

Maybe this applies also to the newer style dash boards, but certianly for the pre-2009 chassis, you can easily swap the single CD radio with a 6-CD one. When selecting a 6-CD radio, be sure to first take out your old 1-CD and match up the connectors before buying it's replacement.  There are two differnet style radio connectors.  I learned the hard way, removing my old radio after I had the replacement in-hand.

Removing the old radio should be fairly easy, though it didn't work that way for me.  The way it is designed, you insert nails in those 4 holes in the face of the radio to release the two side retaining clips.  Then simply pull the radio out from the dash.  But I had trouble there.  I ended up removing the engine cover/dog house to expose the entire back side of the radio.  I then reached from behind to unclip the radio and then pull it forward.

I will report back once the new 6-CD radio is in.

I bought my 6-CD radio used, off ebay quite cheap.  Just be sure to get the right one with the right connector in-back.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 58
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2011
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 04:10:09 pm »

There is a tool for removing the Ford radios that makes things a lot easier (pretty cheap too).

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 03:23:23 pm »

rmmpe, I knew there was a tool for that, but thought nails would work just the same.  But NO, the tool works, nails don't.

Being a used replacement, I electrically plugged in the 6-CD version of my Ford radio, loaded it up with CDs, and ran through all the button features.  Everything checked out perfectly so I slid the radio all the way in the dash until it "Clicked" to lock in.  All done!

Not bad for $60.

My wife and I will be burning CDs of our favorite tunes.  You can get near two purchased CDs recorded on one computer-burned CD.  The 6-CD radio then becomes more like a 10-CD radio.  Stuff the radio with CDs and you're good for the entire trip.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 03:26:47 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: