Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions for new 2350  (Read 2994 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2010, 02:25:58 pm »

In regards to the "Mirror" subect, I am a bit taken back how it has become a hot point of discussion.  I never gave my longer-extending mirrors a second thought for clearence to anything, except a time or two in very tight parking areas, I asked my wife to roll down her window and pull her mirror in, just for extra assurance.  But I couldn't say that would justify getting shorter mirror arms.

In tight parking areas after we are parked, as a rule we fold the mirrors in for fear of someone bumping into them when walking by, or worse yet, having a child grab on and swing from one.  I suppose that could be a good reason to consider shorter arms.

When pulling inside my garage, I pull in both mirrors or they would automatically fold in with much less grace when rubbing against the garage door frame.  But that would still happen with shorter mirror arms.

My brother owns a Starflyte on a 1998 Ford E350.  His rig is much narrower than any Phoenix Cruiser.  His rig too has Velvac mirrors, but with the shorter arms.  One thing I noticed when showing him how they fold in....the arms are so short, they required a lot of muscle to pull them in.  Maybe that comes with vehicle age as well as less leverage.

I find it quite interesting to read here that Phoenix USA is now installing shorter arms on all their 2011s.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2010, 05:05:21 pm »

Bob, thank you for the clarifcation on what you said about the mirrors. I still do not understand about seeing 200' behind you. Starting at what point? Anyway, I am happy with the shorter arms. I believe that everyone has the right to their choice of short or long arms. I guess that is why they make both sizes. I don't want to have this issue go on and on, so I have said how I feel and I will leave it at that. No more about mirrors from me.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2010, 09:43:20 pm »

Tom, I am done too.  Smile  Happy Trails.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: