Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« on: September 02, 2016, 07:13:05 am »

I want to share my newest addiction/obsession. It is called Zentangle. You can search the internet and find all kinds of patterns and information about it. Basically it is abstract drawing using patterns. Most of the patterns are a few simple strokes - a line, a circle, an ess curve, etc. ANYONE can do it. If you can write your name, you can tangle. Since it is abstract, there are no errors. Whatever your drew is what it is meant to be. At the most basic all you need is a pen, pencil, paper and some patterns. I've gone much farther and put together a binder with patterns I like and am using Pigma Micron pens and occasionally little paper artist tiles from Amazon. I also put together a pencil pouch that holds a small sketch book, a couple pens, pencil, smudge stick, and a few tiles so I can tangle while waiting for appointments and such (usually waiting to pick up the granddaughter).

It is a great hobby for on the road as it doesn't take much space. I'm hoping to introduce people to it along the way when we travel again and possibly use it as a value added type thing when we host. It is very relaxing, which is where the ZEN part comes in. You focus on drawing that line, then the next line, then the next line and you zone out. Besides being fun, it is used for therapy and to help people focus. I like it a lot. The Zentangle method uses 3.5 x 3.5 inch tiles and random designs so there is no extra planning or thinking. Anything bigger than that is Zentangle Inspired Art which is often planned out to some degree. I have attached a few pictures of my creations to give you an idea.

Check it out and try tangling!
A few websites are zentangle.com and tanglepatterns.com - they both have links that will get you to many more sites... that link to more sites... that link to more sites... like I said, my new obsession.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Janey

Helpful Rating: 26
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 8/19/14
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2014
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Cafe