Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Drawer glides in drawers under bed in 2006 PC 2551  (Read 591 times)
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:24:20 pm »

I just finished a 5000 mile trip to the Canadian Rockies in my 2006 PC 2551 that I recently bought with a whopping 4300 miles on it its first 4 years of life.  Everything worked beautifully with one exception.  The drawers in the kitchen appeared to have heavy duty all metal slides on them, but both the storage drawers under the passenger side bed collapsed early on in the trip.  They had nothing heavy in them, just socks and underwear.  They had really cheap slides with some easily breakable plastic parts.  Has anyone else had the problem and did you find an easy to substitute all metal solution?  Also, is it better to work these from the front through the holes they go into while laying on the floor or is it better to unscrew the bed support panel and work it from the top?   Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:31:46 pm »

I am not familiar with the 2006 2551 bed drawers.  But I can say with confidence, places like Menards and Home Depot sell those high quality ball bearing roller glides for drawers.  Maybe you can swap the cheap drawer rollers with those high quality ones.  At Menards, I recall them being real cheap, like $10-$12 a pair, with little price variation pending length.

BTW:  We got back from a 3 week trip in the Canadian Rockies about 5 weeks ago.  What a place to visit!
SEE PICTURES BY CLICKING HERE
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:34:30 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
grimes34

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: dirty
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:34:12 pm »

I took the draws out completely, and made the draw faces removable, lots of room, not neat, but roomy!

You may also want to brace up bed platforms, both sides!, if you plan on someone in the beds, while on the road ..,

I am very happy with my 2551..

pyrthkr
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 12:36:34 pm »

ea of our 2008 2551 under bed drawers (that doesn't sound right does it?)  Blush  Embarrassed had already cracked brackets & I was planning on replacing the entire slide mechanism w/metal ball bearing slides that Ron had suggested earlier in this post.  Instead, my dream tool room owner & father-in-law made some metal supporting brackets that the drawers could glide into & we salvaged everything but the cracked brackets.  I'll post some pics when we get the bed lifted off.
 cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: