Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Picture with Super Spings, captain chairs and tile backsplash  (Read 440 times)
David J. Rotelle

Helpful Rating: 18
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 8/8/15
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Desert Sand
ExtColor: Desert Sand
________

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2015, 09:35:05 pm »

Included are a couple of pictures of our coach with Super Springs installed. Prior to the sprigs being added our coach sagged a bit tin the rear. I included a picture of our newly installed captains chairs as well as a recent picture of our tile backsplash.
We installed the tile several thousand miles ago it's been holding up very well without any cracks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:02:24 am by David J. Rotelle » Logged

Job 10:10
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 204
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 08:20:45 am »

Oh.....I love it all!  Unfortunately for us, any rear end lift would prevent our rig from making it inside our garage.  But I agree, the 2350-E350's rear end sag is present and you have resolved it nicely.

If I could kindly suggest placing the "Before" and "After pictures next to each other for an easy comparison.

I do have a couple of questions about your tile work.  I have seen others do this.  Did you use standard grout or a more flexile product like tile caulk for example?  I see you do not have a storage pocket for the stove and sink covers.  Was that pocket sacrificed for the tile?  Or does PC-USA no longer offer that pocket?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:36:33 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 5
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 08:32:48 am »

Dave,

The tile back splash is such a nice touch to your kitchen area.  Happy for you that there are no signs of cracks.  Along with your personal touches, and new chairs, your PC has such a warm and cozy look.   It does remind me of the Born Free models that we admired for years.

Wish we had a chance to visit your farm and meet you and your family before we moved from Frederick, MD to Vero Beach, FL recently.

Gail

David J. Rotelle

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 08:59:52 am »

Good Morning Ron,

I was really proud of myself for figuring out how to post those pictures now you have me in a tail spin...........I may need some help with your request Smile. I'll see what I can do.......
As for the Tile, I used traditional grout on the joints in the center and a flexible calk at the top, the sides and along the edge where the counter meets the tile.
I have to take a better look at the picture I posted but we do have the pocket for storing the covers. It must not be visible in the picture, I'll post another picture showing the pockets. I ran the tile down into the pocket about 2 1/2".

Hello Gail,

My wife says I do a lot of tinkering with our Motorhome Smile It's fun to post things we've done on the forum and see what others like Ron have done to their coach's. I'm still OK as long as find time to tinker with more important things that need attention on our farm Smile
If you take any trips up north we would love to have you visit. I know it would be a long drive for a sandwich but we'd be glad to treat you to lunch in our sandwich shop! Lord willing we plan to take a trip with our whole family to Florida this winter.

Dave

Gail Staton

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: April 23, 2015
Model: 2100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Dusk/Maple
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:16:33 am »

Dave,

Thank you for the kind invitation.  I think meeting you and visiting your farm would be worth the drive.   Lunch would be icing on the cake.  If you come anywhere near Vero Beach on your travels, please let us know.

I think you and Ron would make a good team tinkering with PC projects but I don't think your wives would see much of you.

Gail
David J. Rotelle

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 09:26:33 am »

Thank you Gail. I agree I would enjoy having Ron for a neighbor:) We have friends who live in the Elkhart Indiana area and I've always thought it would be neat to have a Motorhome manufacturer here in Lancaster County................maybe I'll have to talk to Ron!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:52:58 am by David J. Rotelle » Logged

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 204
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 10:05:54 am »

it would be neat to have a Motorhome manufacturer here in Lancaster County................maybe I'll have to talk to Ron!

I will tell you right now that I am fighting my way through my final few years until I retire.  I so look forward to having my time to myself and with Irene.  My plan is to "NOT" have any kind of job thereafter.  I do wonder if working in the RV industry would be considered retirement or a job?  Smile

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Carol

Helpful Rating: 33
________
PurchDate: July 2014
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 02:20:06 pm »

Beautiful work Dave.  And Ron, given how much you enjoy tinkering with your PC, it would probably be a vacation from a vacation!

savvydog

Helpful Rating: 6
________
PurchDate: July 2015
Model: 2400 Ford
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Desert Sand/Hickory
ExtColor: Fullbody Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 10:06:27 am »

Wow!  What a beautiful difference the tile and chairs make in the interior color palette.  Love it!  Now I'm going to have to add a tile backsplash to my wish list...
David J. Rotelle

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2015, 01:54:13 pm »

We were going to order the chairs in a neutral beige to match the original chairs. The pictures I took do not do the burgundy justice, they look much better than they look on the forum.

I was reluctant to pick such a distinctly different color, it helped that the company we purchased them from sent us samples of the material before we ordered. We were considering burgundy and hunter green.

We think the color looks great with the other beige colors in the coach. The chairs that came with the cruiser are very nice but we had these Flexsteel captains seats in our previous motorhome and really liked them.

I replaced a couple of the pictures on this post with some that show the chairs a bit better.

I'm glad you like them.
Thanks

Denny & Barb

Helpful Rating: 26
________
PurchDate: 4-08-2012
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

Medicine Bow, Wy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:40 am »

David, great job.  Looks real nice.   

Question, the backsplash, is that real ceramic that you used?
              And did the writing table come from PC, or is that an addition you added?

Keep up the good work... Lots of good idea's.

Your Word or Lord is a light to my feet and a lantern to my path...  Ps 119
BuffaloRose

Helpful Rating: 7
________
PurchDate: 3/3/2014
ModelYear: 2010
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2015, 09:55:22 am »

Loving the backsplash.  Did you have the ugly mirror and was it hard to remove or leave damage?
Rose

BuffaloRose
David J. Rotelle

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2015, 12:06:02 pm »

Thank you for your responses I'm glad you like the tile. I got the idea for the tile from some Born Free coaches I saw. Yes it is real tile I purchased at Lowes. I do not have much experience working with tile but this particular (glass) style was a bit tricky to cut. I used a wet tile  saw I have that looks like a small table saw for the larger cuts that worked (pretty well). For the smaller individual pieces around the window I used a drummel tool with a tile blade which worked great.
If you decide to get a glass tile like we used be careful the glass shards are VERY sharp. I had a few cuts on my hand to show for it. Between the cuts from the tile job and the cut on my knuckle from replacing my front shock I'm thinking perhaps I should revisit going into business tinkering with motorhomes.........aside from getting kicked every now and then it's a more hazardous job than milking cows Smile.

As for the Mirror we ordered our Phoenix without it. We also had an outlet installed in the wall there for our coffee maker.............and our fancy lamp Smile.

Dave

David J. Rotelle

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 12:17:56 pm »

Sorry I failed to mention the small table. We are blessed here in Lancaster county with several small cabinet makers. My Amish neighbor gave me scraps of Hickory in exchange for a couple half gallons of our Ice Cream.........pretty sweet deal for us........and for him  Wink.

This is where I may have crossed the line and invested too much of my time fooling around with our Motorhome. I first built the entire cabinet and table out of some scrap plywood to get all the difficult angles right. Then I did the best I could to copy it with the Hickory.

I like to work with wood as a hobby but this project was my first with Hickory. I found Hickory to be a very hard wood to work with especially hard to sand.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: