Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Famous last words, "Just Looking"  (Read 479 times)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2010, 03:11:14 pm »

I really enjoy this site. Been looking around and came across this,   http://www.topix.com/forum/com/mnc/THSJBBIFOMV9UB54M   It seems someone is not to happy with their Monaco. I have questions, just one for now, is the wood cabinets WOOD? or covered with something. billy     ps, I know all people are not going to be happy!

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
pyrthkr
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 05:20:47 pm »

I have the cherry cabinets on  my 2551 and they are solid wood.  I would imagine the std maple are the same as that is what is portrayed in the PC website video.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 05:46:31 pm »

All my doors are solid cherry.  The faces and sides of all my cabinets are solid wood.  I don't see any press board or partical board used anywhere.  I should mention, the sides of cabinets are plywood with a cherry finish.  The faces & plywood sides of my cabinets have some sort of "decal" material that looks like finished cherry wood, but is not.  My table and flip-up counter top are solid wood, no decal material.

Phoenix USA changes things between model years.  Mine is a 2007.  Maybe they switched to real cherry for the cabinet facing since 2007.  That would be a question to ask the factory.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:49:21 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 131
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 09:08:16 pm »

My 2010 model with Cherry cabinets is the same as described by Ron.  Someone with the Maple finish once told me that the Maple didn't have the decal vinyl material on the cabinet face frames, not sure about that but worth asking Kermit.
Bob

2010  PC 2551
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:38:41 pm »

I have to admit, when I realized my cherry cabinetry had the decal thing going on, I was quite disappointed, my only real disappointment in the whole motor home.  I recalled it was advertised as solid wood cherry.  I figured I was getting better paying a premium for the cherry.  Oh well.  It's not worth making a stink over, especially since it looks so good.

There have been a couple owners upset that their decal finish was bubbling.  So far so good with mine.  If it holds up through the life of the motor home, I won't have anything to complain about because it really is a nice finish.  Very hard to tell it's a decal, even upon close inspection.  What gives it away is that the indented grain pattern is too perfectly repeated.

I actually preferred the light maple over the dark cherry, but my wife really loved the cherry, so cherry it is.  Happy Wife = Happy Life.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:57:22 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: