Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SOME ONE WITH A NEW 2551 DID ALOT OF CHANGES, VALANCE USIDE DOWN BY DOOR FOR LIG  (Read 833 times)
Gspitfire

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2010, 10:45:56 pm »

I think they said they had a View before the PC..   They mentioned they had gotten custom sun shades for the cab.. I have been trying to fine them too.,
I would like to know where or the brand.
Or if anyone else had gotten sun shades not only for the windshield for the side windows too.

Thanks a bunch,  Say some nice ideas on here with changes and little things to make lief easier.. Great.

Norma
Ocala, Fl
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 06:39:31 pm »

That was me.  I wish I could post pics here but am stumped on that.  We took the valance off over the sink in our 2551S and the one in the bathroom.  We turned them upside down and put one over the door for our head lamps and binocs.  The other one holds travel books and is on the inside wall of the slideout by the sofa.  We mounted them solidly and are really happy with the extra space.  The material matches the sofa so we are happy with that. 

We junked that stiff curtain thing and replaced it with custom shades for the front window of the cab.  I have to search through my papers for the manufacturer.  We do not have custom shades for the side windows but think we may be able to get them through Winnebago.  Still working on that.  We live and travel throughout the SW and have intense sun all day long. In order to keep the temp down inside the motor home we had to do something about the "skylights" and side windows.  We went to Lowe's and bought a big roll of silver backed insulation, cut them to fit the "skylights" and side cab windows, edged them with aluminum tape, and put them up during the day. Not pretty but it drops the temp inside dramatically.

Paula
Santa Fe 
Gspitfire

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:23:40 pm »

Hi Paula,
thank you so much for answering me... I had gone back too many times to count to find your post..No luck, that is why the email.  See I also have looked and looked on line for them. See we had special made one in our View, that came with it. They were for the windshield and side windows.. they were great but they fit it and and not our PC. We bought a jumbo one it almost fits the window.. so I was thinking of getting a smaller one and add on to it..
Oh yes I think those stiff curtains are yak.. I do sew so made be if I find more time, make something else..  But the quilted alluimum shade was so easy and good too for at night.
I live in Ocala, FL. looking forward to joining this group and a rally or if some get together for a long weekend..
Did you find those on line.. ? I will be waiting for the into..
Again thanks so much.
Norma ThankYou
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2010, 12:42:43 pm »

Paula and Norma,

I am curious.  You both mention excessive heat from the sun.  I realize the cab area will always be an issue, but Paula, you covered the RV windows with home-made shields.  Do you have single pane or duel pane thermal RV windows?  Our thermal panes keep out the heat real well, though I have yet to be in tripple digit heat.

About the windshield glass.  I found pop-open "Made To Fit The Ford Van" windshield shades, sold as a pair.  I got them from Walmart a couple years ago, but I am sure they can be purchased at Advance Auto Parts, Murpheys Auto, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, etc.  They fit perfectly, but do leave the side windows completely exposed.  They are a quick simple solution for people on the move like us.  Easy in & out, and they store easily in the backrest pocket of either front seat.  They are extremely effective in keeping out the heat, and offer windshiled privacy, but not the door glass.  For that we partially open the privacy curtians for a quick fix.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 05:23:32 pm »

Hi Ron, we have single pane windows.  We are at 7000' here in Santa Fe where we have 300 days of sunshine and no pollution -- the result is that the heat in a closed auto or rv can soar.  Then the temp will drop 20-30 degrees at night.  Hence, I keep the windows in the rv covered when I am not on the road.  Our house has double paned windows and the south facing side needs roll down sun screens to drop the internal temperature lower so basically I am covering the windows in the rv and my car the same way I cover windows in our house.   

The name of the manufacturer of our cab window sunscreen is:  Eclipse Sun Screen and they have a custom fit for the E450, online only. I think it was $45.00.  None for the side windows yet. 

Paula
Santa Fe
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2010, 09:23:31 pm »

Got it!

Wow, 300 days of sun would be hard on any motor home.  If possible, I would look into an RV cover or shelter.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: