Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Utah journey  (Read 1220 times)
swiftboot

Helpful Rating: 23
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 10-31-16
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2351----2015
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2017, 01:46:56 am »

Left central florida 715 am Apr 28, snooze in Shreveport, arrive in Amarillo  evening of 29 April,, snowed in at walmart Amarillo til morning.  Only problem was step was going in and out after entering snowstorm.  Walmart now, gen on with electric heater going.  Step seems to be okay.  Will evaluate conditions in the mornin

Larry

Carol

Helpful Rating: 102
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015 (2351)
Slide: No
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2017, 11:19:06 am »

Larry--
Snow! Wow!
As for your step, there is a bolt at the bottom of the door that you can adjust outward so that it makes more firm contact with the button thingy at the bottom of wall there.  A faster fix is to put a layer or two or so of paper towel between the two when you close the door so that the button is more firmly pressed.  A longer term fix is to have a switch installed that can totally disable that step, so that you can disable it when driving.  I'm not sure, but I think the switch simply disconnects battery power to the step (the factory installed it for me after my third visit there and constant problems with the step).
Continue to enjoy a safe journey!
Carol

swiftboot

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2017, 05:01:07 pm »

Thanks Carol.  We are still in walmart parking lot, most of snow is gone but cold with winds 35 to 40 sustained with gusts to 50.  We are hanging here til 6PM or so as winds are forecast to reduce.  It looks like a 10 to 12 hours to Moab.  Reservations there beginning tomorrow noon.  BTW we spent plenty inside in addition to the wind blowing a shopping cart across the lot at high speed slamming into coach breaking a 4" piece of fiberglass out.  There really isn't "free" parking.

Larry
swiftboot

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 05:00:14 pm »

We departed Moab May 6, one night Amarillo, second night Memphis arriving home in Florida 8:30 PM, May 8.  Two drivers managed three 700 plus miles daily.   (not recommended)  While in Moab we enjoyed Arches and Canyonland NPs as well as Dead Horse Canyon state park and other scenic drives in the area.  In addition to a car,  I had a jeep rented and drove Potash, and Shafer trails and part of White Rim Trail to Mussleman Arch.  The motorhome  performed well with no problems pulling tandem axle trailer with two motorcycles.  The winds were brutal in Utah, New Mexico, Texas and parts of Oklahoma.  I do believe a safe t plus stabilizer is in my future though, hopefully that would help in crosswinds.  I won't bore everyone with additional details, but if there are any questions I would be happy to answer.

Larry

ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 276
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 06:06:51 pm »

Larry,

You did the trip we had planned for this spring but were unable to due to a temp contract job assignment.

If you dealt with strong cross winds for days and are now considering a Safe-T-Plus, I am curious if your front tire thread is now worn unevenly from counter-steering the cross wind for so many miles.

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
swiftboot

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:23 pm »

Ron i will look at tires tomorrow and let you know about the tire wear.  I don't have anything to compare Re: safe t steer as local driving seemed docile before the trip with stock equipment.  Admittedly I have to continually make corrections in steering but assumed this normal.  From what I have read here and elsewhere, the vehicle should track better without the almost constant moving of the steering wheel after stabilizer is installed.

ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 276
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 01:57:38 am »

I still got the uneven front tire wear after crossing the great plains from a strong & consistent cross wind for days at a time, for I still had to hold the steering wheel at an angle to compensate for the blast.  I just can hold it much more steady than without the Safe-T-Plus.

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: