Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone Weigh Their Loaded PC?  (Read 902 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2010, 09:48:43 am »

I always wanted to weigh my rig during a trip, but have not yet done it.  I estimate we are fine, but wonder how close to the maximum chassis load capacity we get.  I also wonder how other PC owners get, especially those with slideouts.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:54 am »

I weighted my 2350 on the way home from the factory pickup. A lot of stuff from the old motorhome, that ended up in the shed, was still in it. The E450 (an upgrade on my 2350) rates the front for 4,600 lbs, mine was 3,600 lbs. The rear is rated for 9,500 lbs, mine was 8,160 lbs. Gross weight is rated at 14,500 lbs, mine was 11,760 lbs. I had me (235 lbs), my wife (weight unknown), a 85 lb dog and a 124 lb dog all in the motorhome.The water tank and LP were both full but the gray and black empty. This left us a pay load of 2,740 lbs to spare.
I should reweigh it now that I have settled down with what I normally carry for a trip.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
grimes34

Helpful Rating: 1
________
NewUsed: Used
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2007
ExtColor: dirty
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 07:13:11 pm »

I always wanted to weigh my rig during a trip, but have not yet done it.  I estimate we are fine, but wonder how close to the maximum chassis load capacity we get.  I also wonder how other PC owners get, especially those with slideouts.

I am sure you know this, Your local land fill will be able to weigh your PC, within 50lbs or so.
PJ Corey

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 4/2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 07:47:52 pm »

Alright, Tom.  I'll bite, as it were.  A 124 pound dog!  A Rottie?  Have you ever noticed that the biggest dogs are in the smaller motor homes and the little yappers are in the Class A diesel pushers? 

On to weighing.  This is a good site regarding weighing:  http://www.rvsafety.com/ 
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 07:48:25 am »

PJ, the 85 lb dog is a 11 year old Labrador Retriever named Bonnie. The 124 lb dog is a 3 year old German Shepherd Dog named Charlie. Charlie loves his milk bones with all those vitamins. He stands 30" at the shoulders. You can see a picture of them on the "Adventure Anywhere" page. It did not make the main page as the motorhome was really dirty that day.  Between the PC's size and looks, and this big shepherd, we get a lot of comments from people passing by. It is amazing how many people stop to pet him because of they had a German Shepherd Dog at one time or just because they think he is a "real" dog. Like you said, there are a lot of really small dogs in some really big rigs.

Blush    SadDog

Tom Hanlon
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »

PJ, the 85 lb dog is a 11 year old Labrador Retriever named Bonnie. The 124 lb dog is a 3 year old German Shepherd Dog named Charlie. Charlie loves his milk bones with all those vitamins. He stands 30" at the shoulders. You can see a picture of them on the "Adventure Anywhere" page. It did not make the main page as the motorhome was really dirty that day.  Between the PC's size and looks, and this big shepherd, we get a lot of comments from people passing by. It is amazing how many people stop to pet him because of they had a German Shepherd Dog at one time or just because they think he is a "real" dog. Like you said, there are a lot of really small dogs in some really big rigs.

Blush    SadDog

I just want to go on record as saying I love dirty motorhomes!  LOL  Adventuring isn't tidy work. ;-)  The photo didn't make the main page because the really dark shadows in the foreground of the photo weren't playing nice with what I needed it to do with directing the eye around the site. When I cut that part (or some of it) out, then the shape was wrong to fit in the spot. Very cute pic, though! Heart Shower

Aimee, Webmistress
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 04:45:46 pm »

I stand corrected. It was very early in the morning and the large trees cast a large shadow in the forground.   And I thought it was how dirty the motorhome was. Thanks for explaining why it did not make the home page.  ThankYou

I really like the look of the forum.  Cheers
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:47:35 pm by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 10:15:08 pm »

All:

I would really like to know why rv enthusiasts love little yippee dogs.???

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 10:08:31 am »

No problems, Tom  Cheers  and thanks for the kind words.

DJM, I have known more than a few RV owners who purchased RV's so that their little yappy dogs could go anywhere with them, and be comfortable while they traveled. years ago I worked for Tom Raper, and I found that was certainly the case with him.  LOL

Aimee, Webmistress
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 11:23:56 am »

We weighed our 2350 Sprinter (without a slide) in June prior to taking off for the summer. The  gross weight unloaded (full fuel, full water ) was 9200 lbs. Front axle has 3400 lbs., rear was 5800 lbs.

Loaded with bikes,bike rack, clothing, food and other STUFF was 10,360 lbs. Front axle 3660 lbs and the rear was 6700 lbs.

We had lbs to spare--and with all the lobster we ate on the trip, we were probably at the max.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: