Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Warranty Work  (Read 623 times)
fandj

Helpful Rating: 53
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2016
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Nightscape - full body
________

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:53:23 pm »

We are coming up on the one year anniversary of picking up our 2552.  We have had a few minor issues that we wanted to have addressed while under warranty.  There were 19 items on our list.  The main items being inability to charge the coach batteries from the alternator, fresh water tank over flowing when connected to city water, and water intrusion from rain and FW tank overflow into the furnace preventing proper operation.  The other Phoenix items were relatively minor latch replacement, caulk touch up, etc.  To take care of these items we scheduled a visit to the Phoenix Factory last week.

I had been in contact with Kermit on the charging issue and he had walked me through some diagnostic steps and I suspected a break in the wire between the engine compartment and the electrical components under the passenger side bed.  Kermit was willing to cover cost to have it repaired locally but preferred to have his guys look at it.  I am glad I followed Kermit''s advice as it turned out his guys found a simple loose connection which I failed to notice so it was a very simple fix rather than running a new charge cable.

I arrived at the factory at 6:00 am and Bobby and one of his shop guys immediately started on the list.  I was very much impressed with their knowledge and how quickly they were able to address each item on my list.  One item particularly impressed me was a Ford related problem.  I had been getting a check engine light stating there was a problem related to the fuel tank vacuum line.  I wanted Phoenix to check the lines, etc. to make sure lines weren't kinked which they did.  I thought I would then have to take it to a Ford repair shop.  Instead Bobby contacted the local Ford field tech and he was there within an hour and after I told him the code (1450) he immediately knew that one of the fuel system valves mounted on the engine was bad.  He had a replacement valve with him and within 15 minutes he was finished and all indications are the problem is fixed.

I don't know if the factory reads this forum or not but if so I wanted to express my thanks for the excellent service I received.  My experience at the factory gives me confidence that should I have need for service in the future the factory service is done expeditiously and with great skill.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:55:58 pm by fandj » Logged
Syd and Margo

Helpful Rating: 8
________
PurchDate: 9/11
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 09:31:19 am »

We were out there a year ago for some work and were also greeted by Bobby at 6:00 AM and he took our unit in for repairs.  All of the people that work out there are great at there job, even Kermit, who we had coffee with while he sat there and made modification to some pieces for our slide.  It was a slight detour on our annual trip from Florida to New Jersey.  They go over and above with there service.  The visit was a enlightening experience to see the work done there.
donc13

Helpful Rating: 70
________
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 06:36:08 pm »

I will state likewise, Bob is great, knows what he's doing, works quickly and the repair is done right.  Everyone at Phoenix is friendly and helpful.  I don't know what more anyone could adk for.  I've been very impressed.

---
Don and Patti
JackD

Helpful Rating: 30
________
PurchDate: 2017 (latest)
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2017
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Greystone
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 10:27:39 am »

This has also been my experience for 8 years that I have owned PCs, --- and the reason my 5th unit is under construction!
Jack
ron-n-toni

Helpful Rating: 35
________
PurchDate: 8/3/2017
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2017
IntColor: toast
ExtColor: toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:35:55 am »

A month ago, I was on a business trip in our 2016 2351. I had a few issues and would be near the PC factory so I called. Be here as early as you can in the morning. Slept overnight in the lot. Spoke with Bob about 0630 and left for breakfast. Got back about 0830 and camper was in the lot. Thought we would be here awhile. Nope, done. New water switch, new microwave, new valve stem extensions, and three new cabinet latches. No charge. You just cannot beat 'em folks. ThankYou
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: