Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sewer hose storage  (Read 3830 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2011, 07:55:38 am »

The Rhino hose comes with end caps to seal it and it will fit in the bottom of the rear trunk. I have one there now for when that emergency occurs. I think it is 15 feet long when extended.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Bob Mahon
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 59
________
PurchDate: 6/2011
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Gray/Cherry
ExtColor: Lower Slate Gray
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2011, 09:22:56 am »

In all truth, if I didn't already have a "stinky-slinky" from our Alpine, which I've stored in the locker behind the batteries of our 2551, I'd not worry too much about it. After all, where are you when using the macerator? Usually in a CG that'll probably have one for sale in their store (they're not that expensive).
If the macerator fails is it truly an emergency? Surely nothing like engine problems or flat tires.

However, if I were really worried about it and still have our 2350, I'd buy proper sized white PVC pipe with fittings, strap it lengthwise to the roof rail and store the hose inside it. It would be out of the way and not terribly obtrusive.

Carry on, regardless..................
"In God we trust" to save our country and bring our troops safely home.
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2011, 01:25:46 pm »

Ron:

It was the 2551.  It is the very first  post on this topic! lol.  I too looked yesterday to see if I could do the same thing on my 2350 and I have my doubts because of the lack of room. I am still pondering the idea.

David

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 08:07:16 pm »

If I have problems, I'm just gonna dump it in Sharon's pocket. No No No, just kidding. I have a brand newy, in the box, cheapie, up to 15'. Probably fall apart on first use.  shrug

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2011, 08:43:18 pm »

Just wondering about this as my PC is my first RV managing waste.

Given we do not use our PC for #2, everything I discharge is liquid.  In the event of a maserator failure, I would think I could dump without a 3" hose by opening the 3" sewer cap, then open the black and gray tanks and simply let the stuff run on those concrete aprons at the dump stations.  Then rince the area once done.

Is that okay to do in an emergency?  Do people do that?  I never seen it.  I suppose it is not good camper edicate.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 07:02:47 am »

" I suppose it is not good camper edicate."

You are right about that. sad

You may not use toilet paper but I will bet that the DW does, and that would be a mess to clean up. Cry

Tom Hanlon
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2011, 04:04:04 pm »

Our Sani-Con system went out.  It only happens once and youre prepared for the next time.  We had a sewer hose storage tube added as an option at the factory.  See picture.  You could do it a cheaper yourself.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:18:22 pm by aimee » Logged

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2011, 06:05:22 pm »

For the fisherman, it seems a great place to store fishing poles.....before any poop gets in there.

billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2011, 07:44:50 pm »

With what the fish are eating these days and now from Japan, I would not worry too much about a little poop.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2011, 09:05:40 pm »

With what the fish are eating these days and now from Japan, I would not worry too much about a little poop.
rolling on the floor rolling on the floor rolling on the floor

gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 12:33:40 am »

In light of the proper etiquette for dumping our holding tanks and having been camping for over 50 years, one thing that gives RV'ers a bad name is being seen dumping on the ground.  It not only violates every health and sanitation law, City and State, but will get you a serious fine if caught.  You will be hard pressed to explain away that you bleached away any health hazard.  I have a twenty-six inch E-Z Hose Carrier that has screw on caps at each end and have it secured to the roof rack with stainless hose clamps.  Easily accessible when needed, but out of the way.  I have a ten foot standard sewer hose in the holder ready when needed.  PC had the foresight to add a fitting before the Sani-Con Macerator for just such an emergency or a failure.  I have taken off the standard cap and replaced it with a cap with a hose connector.  I carry a gray garden type hose to hook to this cap when on extended stays in campgrounds, screw it to the cap, plug it in the drain and leave the gray line open.  You will never have standing water in your shower or anywhere else.
     I really like the storage that gophoenix posted in a picture.  It appears to be the same system I have but longer and I like the location.  May have to modify my system.  Thank you gophoenix.
    Bob

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 11:20:47 am »

I never implied to dump illegally.  I thought, if my sani-con had a sudden failure, I could dump once at a dump station that has the cement trough that drains everything into the dump station sewer.  Just position the motor home so the drain cap is over the cement trough, then let out the sewage and let it go into the dump station tank properly.  Once done, rince the trough.  Then run to a store for a sewer hose to get me through until I repair the sanicon, possibly for the balance of the trip.  But then hose storage would surely be a problem, hence have a 3" poop hose and storage setup in advance.

About legal versus illegal dumping.  I did hear that in some states it is "Legal" to dump gray water along the road side.  Any truth to that?  I want to say Alaska allows it but am not 100% sure.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 11:25:04 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 12:32:32 pm »

Ron,
     In the quote below you said you dumped in a ditch next to the driveway.  That is what I was referring to as "illegal" dumping.  As far as legally dumping gray water, I do know of some states that the only thing allowed to be dumped on their highways is fresh water.  You  must remember that the gray water comes out of the same opening that black water does, so unless you spotlessly clean the common drain line you will get some black water remnants exiting.  As far as the solution to dump in the concrete opening at a dump station and wash the area down upon completion, I do not know about your dumping, but when you open the dump valve the volume and pressure will shoot the contents all over and will not be contained in that little trough area.  Much easier to go to the store and get a hose and then dump.  Just my thoughts but anyone else have some ideas.
    Bob

"Without human solid waste, we flush our black and gray tanks only upon returning from our trips.  I pour in a half bottle of bleach in the toilet, and a half bottle in the kitchen sink, then fill up the two tanks to capacity with fresh warm water.  After an hour or two, I then drain them into the ditch next to the driveway, and repeat the process with fresh warm water alone.  The result is clean odor-free tanks."
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 03:24:19 pm »

Ron,
     In the quote below you said you dumped in a ditch next to the driveway.  That is what I was referring to as "illegal" dumping.  As far as legally dumping gray water, I do know of some states that the only thing allowed to be dumped on their highways is fresh water.  You  must remember that the gray water comes out of the same opening that black water does, so unless you spotlessly clean the common drain line you will get some black water remnants exiting.  As far as the solution to dump in the concrete opening at a dump station and wash the area down upon completion, I do not know about your dumping, but when you open the dump valve the volume and pressure will shoot the contents all over and will not be contained in that little trough area.  Much easier to go to the store and get a hose and then dump.  Just my thoughts but anyone else have some ideas.
    Bob

"Without human solid waste, we flush our black and gray tanks only upon returning from our trips.  I pour in a half bottle of bleach in the toilet, and a half bottle in the kitchen sink, then fill up the two tanks to capacity with fresh warm water.  After an hour or two, I then drain them into the ditch next to the driveway, and repeat the process with fresh warm water alone.  The result is clean odor-free tanks."

Oh yes, you are right about that.  I never did explain that one in enough detail.

I drain my tanks on the way home from a trip.  Then add some fresh water to swish around until we finally get home.  Then I dump the heavily diluted leftovers at home, then bleach the tanks also dumped at home.  I do not dump high potent sewage in my ditch at home, though easily interpretted that way.  I suppose even what I do is not proper, but it is done at home on my own property, not encroaching on or endangering anyone.  I would never dump black waste diluted or not, anywhere improper except at home, with emphasis on...."very little".  What I put into my ditch is about 1% of what people's dogs put into their yards.

You make a good point about the trough.  I should setup a hose storage tube and have a hose on-hand.  One more on my "To-Do" list.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:35:32 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:47 pm »

Don't you all think this topic has gone far enough. Lets end it here before someone gets upset. I think everyone has said their piece, so lets move on.

Tom Hanlon
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: