Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tow guard  (Read 560 times)
rockrat

Helpful Rating: 2
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April, 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: umbra
________

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2010, 08:20:50 pm »

Has anybody installed a tow guard on a PC? Could you make a comment on the brand you picked, did you install it yourself and how complicated is it as a home project, what about its functionality? do you still get dings on your toad? Thanks

Donald

2010 2350 with slideout
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:51:37 pm »

Donald,

I didn't do the installation of the Roadmaster Tow Guard I use since I bought the hitch setup used.  It is super simple to use and the only down side in my book is safe storage in a campground.  As to whether to use or not, we initially made one trip with and one without and will not be doing another without.  In my estimation there is a complete protection of the towed with its use. I even got bug strikes on the towed with out it and none with it and this year was the year of LARGE grasshoppers where we went.
I guess the storage problem is really mine since it can be locked to the part of the hitch that I leave on the car, which if I left it on the tow bar when unhooked would solve the problem.  I am just too lax and lazy I guess to undo anything other than the two pins to unhook.  I use a a cable bicycle lock in the camps.

L. G. 

r
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 01:05:53 pm by lghjr » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: