Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Another Factory Direct Company Making Big Changes  (Read 627 times)
CKK

Helpful Rating: 8
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2910
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2017, 03:48:24 pm »

For information only.... just found out that Nexus is changing their business model...as of September 1 they are only selling to dealers.  I believe they were the only other company willing to make customizations, and they will no longer be offering that.  I don't know if this means they're doing great and need to make/sell more or if it means they're in trouble... rep said they're doing it "to keep up with the big boys".  They did have a pretty good customer satisfaction record.  Just fyi for anyone interested...

ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 98
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:47 pm »

That announcement was made a couple of weeks ago.  My guess would be Nexus will build a dealer network to make flipping the entire ball of wax.  Time will tell.

CKK

Helpful Rating: 8
________
Model: 2910
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 04:40:34 pm »

Oops, sorry...  I just heard about it from my local rv dealer who is picking them up. (Still can't find anything I like better than the PC... continuing to watch how the next few units come out quality-wise.)

ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 274
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:05:28 pm »

When times are good and the manufacture has capacity to make more units than they can sell factory direct, they tend to extend out through independent dealerships.  When the manufacture can't keep up with the demand selling factory direct, there is no need to sell through dealerships.  So I take it as a good sign for Phoenix and a not so good of a sign for Nexus.  But then again maybe Nexus increased production and wants to become the next Coachman.  That is great as long as the USA continues to have a healthy RV economy.

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
hutch42

Helpful Rating: 11
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Wannabe
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2012-2015
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 12:21:33 pm »

Have a good friend that picked up his Nexus Phantom 31P a couple of weeks ago.  He seems to be satisfied with it.  He mentioned that Nexus is producing one unit a day now (?)  Not sure their plan was to always stay factory direct. 

I have been watching them since they started.  One thing I was concerned with was they seemed to introduce new models very fast after the first year.  Sort of jumping around to see what the market would bear.  Seems you would lose a lot of quality control doing that.  Within a year or two they started to open "showrooms" in different parts of the country.  I think they are up to five now.

A cute video is Earls "Phoenix Cruiser VS Brand X"  Its a Nexus he is comparing to.  Also never liked Nexus's walk through videos.  Dave & Claude (owners) seem to be very old school RV salesman.  A lot of waving hands and fast talking.   Certainly not like the folks at PC.
ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 274
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 01:50:44 pm »

I like Phoenix's strategy in building the same rig but at different lengths.  They use the same critical front and back panels with different side walls in between.  They use the same quality entry door, the same floor & roof construction, and many of the same interior features.  Consistency is critical for best quality.

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
2travel

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: Nov 3 2014
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with wood floor and ultra leather
ExtColor: Greystone lower body paint, clear coat and rust proof