Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CLEARANCE LIGHTS REAR  (Read 486 times)
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 43
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2015, 12:11:54 pm »

I've got 2 of the red clearance lights out. Stopped at couple of places can not seem to find a replacement.  Does anyone know the brand, I think the size if either 21/2 or 3 inches,, the black circle is @ 1/2 inch they are a solid light  you have to replace the whole unit.  were on the road and when I pulled into a Camping World about 8 people in line and I did not want to waste an hour standing in line.  thanks in advance
Sparky
Houston
BGolden

Helpful Rating: 30
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: January 2008
IntColor: Maple/Beige
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 03:18:30 pm »

Sparky, try a truck stop. Some of the older Freuhauf  trailers had round marker lights, similar to the one on PC.

Bill G

Bill and Karen Golden
BGolden

Helpful Rating: 30
________
PurchDate: January 2008
IntColor: Maple/Beige
ExtColor: White
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 03:24:17 pm »

Also, try the Grote industries web site. They manufacture truck and trailer lights Grin

Bill and Karen Golden
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 196
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 12:34:53 pm »

I think Sparky has rear LED marker lights so there are no bulbs to burn out.  Am I right in saying we all have rear LED marker lights?  Or are only the tail lights inside the rear bumper LED?

If LED, new fixtures could yield the same results.  I would check the voltage at each light.  If something isn't right with power, look under the rig, check the wiring there.  It could be a corroded connection there.  Look around there for crimped connectors, gently shake them while someone watches the lights up top for intermittent-on.  You may need to trim the wires and re-crimp.  Better yet is to solder and shrink tube them.  If crimping, seal the crimp connection with silicone grease.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 12:43:00 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
donc13

Helpful Rating: 8
________
PurchDate: 03/2015
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2015
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Nightscape/Hickory
ExtColor: White/Nightscape
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 08:15:36 am »

I've got 2 of the red clearance lights out. Stopped at couple of places can not seem to find a replacement.  Does anyone know the brand, I think the size if either 21/2 or 3 inches,, the black circle is @ 1/2 inch they are a solid light  you have to replace the whole unit.  were on the road and when I pulled into a Camping World about 8 people in line and I did not want to waste an hour standing in line.  thanks in advance
Sparky
Houston

The easy answer is to call Phoenix.   They can tell you the brand and model the lights are.   They may even still use tgem.   In any event...a web search on brand and model will find you a supplier or a direct replacement.

---
Don and Patti
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2015, 11:06:38 am »

If the lights them self are faulty, I am sure the factory would be happy to sell you what you need at a reasonable price.  But Sparky mentioned that more than one light went dead, that makes the wiring suspicious, not the LED light fixtures.

Other than looking below, I would also consider dismounting all 5 lights and see if you can inspect the wiring in between them.  They could share common switched power and ground wires.  You can't rule out the possibility that the mounting screws for the ladder and back-up camera have damaged the wires.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 11:11:59 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 54
________
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 08:35:16 am »

Only the tail lights have LED bulbs. Bulbs in markers you can get at any auto parts store.

Get new fixtures, if needed, directly from Phoenix. I got a few that got knocked off last year and they cost 1/4th of what they cost at a store.

John
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 209
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 09:56:35 am »

My rear marker lights are 3" round LED lights that are recessed into the rear cap. I don't see any way they could be knocked off.

If I needed replacements, I would call the factory. I agree with Ron about checking the wiring before calling for replacements. LEDs should out last the motorhome.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 12:29:34 pm »

Tom...I believe Sparky and others are referencing the "marker" lights, those are the 5 smaller lights that run across the top of the front and rear caps, their is a tenancy of branches, etc striking and knowing them off the coach.   You are correct in stating the LED taillights/blinkers/stop lights  (3" in diameter) should out live us all!!!   Have a great weekend and be careful.  Ron G.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2015, 12:39:55 pm »

Given that Sparky stated "Red" marker lights with black round rings, the only ones I have on our 2350 are recessed into the rear wall.  The only way the fixtures/lenses could break is if they get pierced by something while backing up.  I also wonder if he is describing his low rear tail lights.  Hopefully Sparky will reply to clarify exactly which lights have stopped working.  Whether high up or down low, the lights are LEDs that don't burn out.  It sounds like a wiring problem to the lights.  Maybe water got inside them and they failed internally which can be easily tested.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 12:46:17 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 209
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2015, 01:58:13 pm »

Tom...I believe Sparky and others are referencing the "marker" lights, those are the 5 smaller lights that run across the top of the front and rear caps, their is a tenancy of branches, etc striking and knowing them off the coach.   You are correct in stating the LED taillights/blinkers/stop lights  (3" in diameter) should out live us all!!!   Have a great weekend and be careful.  Ron G.

I am talking about the top lights like the ones in Rons pictures. Both my top and lower lights are LEDs. I don't see how the rear lights can be knocked off. The front overhead clearnce lights maybe, but not the rear ones.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2015, 01:58:18 pm »

Sorry all!!  I was not home when I was posting and thought the rear marker lights were like the front ones and mounted on the surface not recessed.  Brain lapses are coming more frequently!!!!  Thanks, RG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: