Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: repair shop  (Read 583 times)
delmax

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: sept 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
IntColor: BEIGE/WILLOW GREEN
ExtColor: PEBBLE BEIGE
________

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2010, 06:54:54 pm »

have a problem with our dvd surround system. will not open! having trouble finding a replacement that will fit in shelf opening. Also dont want to purchase entire system to get dvd player. any suggestions. we have a newly acquired 06 2350.we love love love it!!!!!opening is 14 wide by 24 deep.height ? any suggestions thanks Del and Maxine

MAXINE AND DEL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:18:37 pm »

It sounds like the door in the DVD player is simply jammed with a DVD that bounced around and jumped out of the circular indent of the tray.  Remove the unit from the RV and take off the cover by removing the screws that hold it on.  See if there is a DVD inside.  If so, use a small poker to move the DVD back into proper position in the tray.  Then plug the unit into an outlet and see if the door opens.

Don't be afraid to open the cover of the player.  As long as you don't have it plugged in, you are safe.  Once plugged in, just work the controls.  Hopefully you can fix it rather than replace it.  If it's truely broken, what harm can you do by trying to repair it?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:41:33 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 60
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:27:50 pm »

I agree with Ron 100% here, but I'm a fix-it-yourselfer at heart anyway. Give it a try.

Aimee, Webmistress
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 12:43:39 pm »

I have a 2006 2551 that had been used VERY little for the first four years of its live before I bought it.  When I first used the DVD player, it did not want to come out.  I found that if I gave it a little help when I first pushed the open button, it would then open.  My suspicion is that if it sits unused long enough, it gets sticky.  My wife now uses the DVD player regularly and it seems to work OK.  You might try gently helping it and if it comes out and goes back properly, exercise it quite a few times.  That being said, the Executive set used back then has nothing but bad reviews online, even though it was commonly used by a number of manufacturers.  I believe the newer models have Samsung units, but I'm not sure about that.  I figure that if I ever decide to replace my TV with a larger HD set, I may try to find a replacement unit for mine.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 12:51:42 pm »

I agree with you bigbadjc.  The Executive has much to be desired for a motor home application.  The trouble is that there is much to setup to make it user friendly.  But after you power-down the invertor, all the user settings go away.  So everyone ends up using the thing without presettings which becomes cumbersome.  If only it retained the user settings, then I think it would have better reviews.  If mine ever dies, I would get a Samsung.  Like you say, people seem to like it much better.

BTW: I also agree with you on the DVD tray.  Pry it open with a thin butter knife while pressing the "Open" button.  It may only need exercising.  One of my computer drives suffers the same.  It just needs more active use.  I forgot all about that.  Great tip!

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 12:59:12 pm »

Our 2010 PC came with a Samsung DVD with surrond sound built in. I wanted a Blue ray DVD player, but Stuart could only find a Sony with the controls on the front with an up charge of $380. I did not want it that bad. The player needs to have the surrond sound built in to power the five speakers already in the rig and the controls need to be on the front in case you misplace the remote. Only a couple of player meet these requirements.

I would try to fix your current unit. You can always use my grandmothers way, give a good wack.  rolling on the floor

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 01:05:42 pm »

I do wonder how beneficial a Bluray would be for a smaller 26" LCD as we have in our PC.  At home on the 52" LCD, I'd think it more beneficial.  But I have yet to see a Bluray on anything, so.....why did I even comment here?  LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: