Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please comment on this PC2552-asking for a friend  (Read 389 times)
Two Hams in a Can

Helpful Rating: 33
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: December 2016
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Rust
________

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2017, 10:49:43 pm »

Hi all. . .we mhave some very good friends who are considering buying a 2012 PC2552 shown in this link.

http://www.rvarizona.net/pre_owned_detail.asp?veh=4952474&utm_source=www.rvtrader.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=dealer-click&utm_content=view-inventory-link  

They are having a bit of difficulty signing on to the forum, so would all you 2552 owners out there chime in on this one and give with your insights (sight unseen, I guess).  They can "lurk" as Forum Guests but cannot post yet.  Thanks Guys!  Heart Shower    Cheers

Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"
ron-n-toni

Helpful Rating: 35
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 8/3/2017
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2017
IntColor: toast
ExtColor: toast
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 08:23:04 am »

I looked the pictures over. Other than the stencils on the walls; it seems to be in fairly nice shape. 40K miles is not that many for a 2012 model. I bought my 2017 2552X in August and the interior is very much the same. We upsized from a 2351 and find the 2552 perfect for two and a beagle. It would be worth having a mechanic go over the chassis and either an RV mechanic or knowledgable rv owner look over the cabin. 60K seems a little high to me. That one is now 6 model years old and for another 35K to 40K they could have a brand new fresh from the factory with warranty unit. A little hard bargaining may get them a nice unit for a fair price. The pictures look good and we like our 2552.
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 158
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 09:11:24 am »

We also have a 2552 - year 2013. We have a different dash. I thought they switched over in 2012 but could be wrong. If they did, that unit is older than 2012. Does anyone out there have a 2012 that can weigh in and tell if you have the new or old style dash?

Also, the clings shimmer so they might be the vinyl clings that you smooth onto the walls and they stick without glue. Those are usually removable without damage but I don't know how they would work on the foil/wallpaper in the Phoenix. 

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 199
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »

That is the same dash we have in our 2012. They were changing to the black dash for 2012, but one could still ask for and get the wood grain.
It looks in good shape. I would suggest they check the tires (including the spare) because of the Michelin recall. You can search on here and get all the info. Like others suggested have a mechanic check it out. Ask for the original owners name and phone number. They might be willing to talk to you.

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
jatrax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: November 2016
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Graystone
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2017, 03:00:07 pm »

It looks clean and in good repair.  But those pictures are fairly low res so might not show everything.  And what they do show is cosmetic.  So we can have no idea about the mechanicals of the house or the truck.

A good inspection by a private RV inspector would be a good idea.  Have them ask for the maintenance logs if available.  If nothing else all of the appliances and the septic, electric and water must be tested and proven to work.  Tires should be checked carefully and if 5 years old might be reaching end of life even if there is good tread left.

Pricewise I am going to agree with Ron-n-toni, seems on the high side.  Of course dealers are going to leave room for negotiation. 

PC

Helpful Rating: 8
________
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 05:09:56 am »

I might suggest a careful look at the undercarriage. An evaluation by an rv professional is a must.
ron.dittmer
Owner
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 276
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 09:19:40 am »

It sure looks nice in the pictures.

As for me, price is king.  I don't know what it should be priced at, but I would do my homework to determine what the price should be.  As PC mentioned, if I were buying that rig, I would want to see the undercarriage.  A lot of bad rust would indicate it was driven a lot on winter salty roads, and not sprayed clean soon after each occurrence.

More thoughts on prices in-general.  If any used rig is not discounted enough, I'd add the money to buy a new one made exclusively for me to get what I want, and avoid what I don't want.  And of coarse it's new, perfect condition and under warranty.  At the same time, Irene and I avoid loans at all costs (house exception) because that has always been our way doing life.  Paying with saved money as the classic Steve Martin skit emphasizes HERE would be my highest priority.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:35:06 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350, Ordered Without A Slideout
PC

Helpful Rating: 8
________
Model: 2551
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:24:40 am »

Two Hams in a Can
I should add - feel free to PM me.
Joseph

Helpful Rating: 22
________
PurchDate: 3/7/2015
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Tan/Cherry
ExtColor: Gray / White
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 10:58:22 am »

Price is high, come in at 51,000 pay no more than 53 or walk. As far as going new, not a chance. 50 Grand pays for a lot of trips. In addition to the extra 50 Grand your tags are more expensive. Let some one else eat the depreciation. There is No money to be made in a RV purchase.

Mileage is no issue at 40k. Ive seen rental units on the road that people bought with 150k on them.
Two Hams in a Can

Helpful Rating: 33
________
PurchDate: December 2016
Model: 2400 Sprinter
ExtColor: Rust
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 11:03:55 am »

Two Hams in a Can
I should add - feel free to PM me.

Thanks everyone.  I put this on the forum for our Foretravel friends Patricia and George Hatfield who, like us have sold their Class A Foretravel and have downsized.  They are well seasoned RV folk having owned (at least) two Airstream trailers and the Foretravel; and have been "lurking" at all the comments here because there was a glitch in getting admitted onto the PC forum and they couldn't post, only read.  Aimee is in the process of getting them onto the forum.  Wink They live in Tucson, AZ and are today traveling to see the 2552 in question with all your comments in hand. This will be the first PC they have ever seen up close, so hopefully it will at least give them a positive outlook even if they don't buy that one.  I'll let Pat and George tell the rest of their story when they get on board the forum.  Thanks again, all.   Cheers

Jeff and Suzanne traveling with the Cocker Spaniel sisters, Scout & Sydney in Fawkes the Phoenix 
"What happens in vagueness stays in vagueness"
jatrax
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 81
________
PurchDate: November 2016
IntColor: Graystone
ExtColor: Graystone
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 06:45:53 pm »

Here is a 2014 2552 just posted on the Phoenix Cruiser Facebook group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/322506454518168/permalink/1211322568969881/  Less miles, two years newer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: