Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help! Leak in the bathroom  (Read 604 times)
ColoRockiesFan

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: N/A
Model: None
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 06:30:37 pm »

Soooo .... What would someone who is completely inept , like yours truly, do to solve this problem?  I can't just run up to the factory for repairs if something breaks? How does the warranty deal with this?
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 06:45:25 pm »

You call the factory. They send you to an independant local RV repair center, and the factory pays for it.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ColoRockiesFan

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 06:53:44 pm »

Whew! Thanks Ron .. The thought of taking apart the shower was giving me vapors ...   Grin
Carol

Helpful Rating: 5
________
PurchDate: July 2014
ModelYear: 2015
IntColor: Greystone with Sterling Leather
ExtColor: Sterling simplified
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 07:28:03 pm »

ColoRocky--
I've been dealing with a persistent small leak for a few months now and basically Kermit has approved me having local repair people look at it and try to deal with the situation (from Virginia to Florida).  He also approved work on any water damage that may exist, if the repair facility is confident that it can do it, or I can bring it back to Elkhart in the Spring for them to look at it.  Since the rig is still under a year old, I am being reimbursed for the work as under warranty.  I guess with new rigs (and of course aging ones) something is bound to come up now and then.  I find it comforting that Phoenix Cruiser will work with the customer to get satisfaction.

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
ModelYear: 2007
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »

I have comfort knowing that even with my 2007 2350, the factory is there to help with something gone wrong.  Of coarse I'll have to pay their current (& affordable) labor rates, but who else other than Phoenix is most qualified to tear into something that I can't handle myself?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 07:44:49 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
ColoRockiesFan

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2015, 08:08:46 pm »

I shouldn't be freaked out as my current trailer is made in British Columbia. The factory/company also provides fantastic long distance customer service. Very glad to hear that Phoenix does the same.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:10:35 pm by ColoRockiesFan » Logged
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 91
________
PurchDate: May 2013
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 10:43:27 am »

We've had several issues, mostly non-Phoenix problems and Phoenix has taken excellent care of us. Example: our furnace wouldn't work and was under Atwood warranty. We didn't want to drive to the factory so we tried to get it fixed by other RV repair shops. After several attempts (and much mental anguish) we gave up and waited until we could get to Elkhart. Kermit had his furnace guy come to the factory and take care of it while we were there. So we took up space at the factory while outside work was done. We got our house back with fully functional furnace and the warranty service receipt and we were good to go. FYI - when wee called about the problem, Kermit immediately authorized service at his cost if it turned out to be something the factory did. It was an Atwood problem so he didn't need to pay but he went out of his way to get us back up and running.

We are also total dweebs when it comes to mechanical stuff. From our experience and from reading the forum, I've learned that that the factory will help you troubleshoot the problem then walk you through the repair process as far as you want to go. If you want to disassemble the shower, they'll talk you through it. If you want to turn it over to a pro as soon as the leak appears, they're good with that also and will pick up the tab of it is still under warranty.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
skipper

Helpful Rating: 20
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 08/13
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Tan
ExtColor: Gold
________

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 01:43:31 pm »

I bought my unit used (one year old) and the warranty does not transfer.  PC offered to fix it but they didn't offer to pay a third party to fix it.  Mark

Mark
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: