Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phoenix Questions  (Read 635 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 199
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2015, 07:25:23 am »

Sometimes we run with just the windows open, sometimes just the cab A/C, sometimes with both the cab and roof A/C. It has to be pretty hot for me to use both A/Cs, but I do it for the dog in the back.

Yes the generator runs off the gas tank until the tank get below about 1/3 empty, then it shuts down. That way the generator will not run you out of gas, you have to do that yourself.  LOL

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 95
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2015, 07:36:44 am »

The RV ac is powered by the generator. I see you are looking at the longer models so this wouldn't apply but I believe the units built on a Sprinter chassis have a propane generator... diesel truck, propane genny. The Ford is gas truck, gas genny.

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 42
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2015, 09:05:53 am »

PURCHASE  AWAY FROM HOME  welcome,,   We purchased our PC2350 out of Seattle (we live in Houston)  I think you could get someone from the forum to go check out a vehicle in the area. I went and checked out a 2551 at our local Camping World for someone,, they sent me a $50 gift card from Starbucks,,,  covered my gas..  time was no problem was fun.     Both RV's I have purchased  were used... The first one I paid a local  RV shop to inspect I did not have enough experience....  There are some dealers who will pay you to fly in and purchase... you can really get some good deals on used,, I would love to buy a brand new unit but money rules haha
Sparky
Houston
Sarz272000

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 2900
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2015, 08:53:17 pm »

We looked at 2910 and 2552 PCs at the factory.  We were impressed with the quality and liked the looks. However, I am 6"3 190#s and could not fit in the shower, in the beds or stand up in the unit without hitting my head.  Very disappointed.  We went over to Nexus.  We like the Viper. I had no issues with the size of the inside.  I walked the roof on two units and found one corner was depressed which would cause puddles. It was right at the sealant of the front cab. The sealant was also cracked, maybe due to flexing. The other unit had some cracked sealant at the front cab and there was paper/tape still attached probably from the painting of the unit. I pulled it and some sealant came off. To me the roof is the most critical part of any RV and these two items I saw in models give me concern. Anyone have any other RV suggestions? We do not want a class c, b+is ideal, smaller A like a Tiffin Breeze possible.

Ron and Linda
keelhauler

Helpful Rating: 46
________
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sunlit Maple
ExtColor: Sunlit - no paint
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 10:28:35 pm »

Take a look at a Thor RUV. Nice size, but not made as well as a Phoenix.

John
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: