Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question for 2910 Owners  (Read 109 times)
RichardP

Helpful Rating: 7
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
Slide: Yes
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2015, 11:48:13 pm »

My wife BJ and I are considering a change from our 3100 to one of the 2910 models.  As I look at the 2910D I see things I like, but then the 2910T has a lot of things going for it.  The biggest difference I can see is that the T would give that extra storage under the dinette that we could use for "pantry" items whereas the D does not have that.  Can some of you experienced owners let me know what your thoughts are?  If you have a D, where do you store things?  If you have a T are there drawbacks that I am not seeing. 
Thanks for any input on this.

Richard
Jim and Beth

Helpful Rating: 12
________
PurchDate: March 2013
Model: 2910
IntColor: Cafe
ExtColor: Full Body Dusk (2012 colors)
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 07:44:33 am »

Our first PC was a 2910T. We chose the "T" for the opposing slides up front which provides an open, comfortable living space. The storage under the dinette benches is great for pots, pans and other items. What we did not like was the third slide with the queen bed. We found it tight and difficult to get in and out of when you have back problems (its tough getting old...). The queen bed may be good for others, but did not work at all for us.

A year later we traded our 2910T for a custom 2910. Our current unit has twin beds in the rear instead of the queen slide out. Replacing the queen with twin beds provides a lot of extra overhead storage around the sides and rear of the coach, eliminates the third slide which greatly improves leveling capability and reduces weight. After two years we are very pleased with this floor plan
RichardP

Helpful Rating: 7
________
PurchDate: June 2012
Model: 3100
ExtColor: Dusk
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 09:34:13 am »

Thanks, Jim and Beth.  We wondered about the tightness of the queen.  We asked Earl if it could be made with a double bed and he said it could.  That might give us a few more inches around the edges. 
dickreid1

Helpful Rating: 55
________
PurchDate: Feb. 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2012
________

All 48 States, boarder Provinces and Maritimes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 07:40:24 pm »

I agree with Jim and Beth about the 2910 with double beds but not so much for access space.  More important is for weight reduction off the driver side duals which are maxed out with the slide room on them.

We do not have any particular problem getting in and out of the short queen bed... or with the space available around it.  We also have no problem with kitchen storage.  I have been in th 2910T and felt clustrophobic with the dinette room filling space that I am accustomed to when on the road.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: