Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2016 - 2351 Options and Modifications  (Read 1431 times)
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 202
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Green&Gray Cherry
ExtColor: Full Body Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2016, 10:47:43 pm »

I wonder what the Ford part number is for the insulation-backed full coverage black rubber cab mat, for the box truck cut-away.  If reasonably priced, I'd consider buying a new one and see how it fits right over the PC-installed cab carpet for heat & sound, and no fuss over muddy shoes.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:49:16 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron & Irene Dittmer, 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 200
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 07:18:31 am »

Weather tech makes a rubber mat for the floor to keep the heat down and the carpet clean. It helps a little with the sound, But not much.

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 63
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 08:53:41 am »

Sorry Ron D. the Ford logoed plastic wrap for the floor insulation kit that came from QuietSolutions went out yesterday with the recycling!....you might call QuietSolutions and ask them....I do not think placing on top of your  carpet is the right approach, everything I have read states clearly that for any sound absorbing applications the product has to be stuck down and all curves, etc must be rolled tight and edges need to be taped off to get the most effect. 
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 10:11:25 pm »

PP...when you get onto the QuietRide site go to AccousticShiled headers, then click on order on line and under Econoline the total kit shows up clearly.  Good luck.  Ron G.
2 Frazzled
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 126
________
PurchDate: May 2013
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Sunlit & Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2016, 07:25:59 am »

Ron, we have the Ford rubber mat "installed" over the carpet. I believe the pricing for the mat was somewhere around $400. Ours is used. Phoenix put it in when we were having so much trouble with the noise in our cab right after purchase. They had pulled it out of a chassis that came in to them so it is damaged in some spots from the removal (I assume it was glued down previously and they just ripped it out to ready the cab for the "Phoenix touch"). They offered it to us when Ford said they couldn't do anything for the noise. I hope to eventually pull the seats, remove the mat, remove the carpet, and then reinstall the mat. My concern is water. Any water that gets in around the openings or edges of the mat will go into that carpet and stay there. NOT good for the floor. There are decent size openings around the seat bases that concern me. I don't know if you would have these openings with a new mat or if it is because it was cut to fit a different pedestal. If the openings are pre-cut, I'd suggest coating the floor with some sort of waterproofing in that area before installing the mat. The mat is thick and squishy so I don't know how it would work to install carpet over it. I'd check with Ford first to see how they do it. I think they have a flatter insulation mat that goes under carpet. The rubber one we have is from an ambulance or something.

I considered having that spray on truck bed stuff installed but we got the mat and that ended that. Someone suggested finding an installer and arranging to be there when they sprayed a truck bed as they may be able to add on coating the cab of the rig for a fraction of a single install price. I have no idea how long it would stink in there if we did that but it's an option.

We LOVE the Ford mat. It cut down on heat, noise and serious mess. I just sweep it out and occasionally wipe it down. We do have WeatherTech mats on top of it each side to catch the big chunks of crud so we can just tip those out for a quick clean but the passenger side mat moves around a lot. Tom, do you have the mat to fit across the entire cab as one piece? The website didn't list the E-Series and we were not sure if the F-Series mat would fit. We bought the WeatherTech side window deflectors for the F-Series F-450 and they DON'T fit. I haven't attempted to cut them down to size yet so they are in our storage unit, taunting me.

I will now be looking into the QuietRide Solutions for the doors and such. Insulating that cab would be helpful. (Don't tell John I'm shopping for RV stuff again - I'll break it to him when the time is right... like when it's over 100 degrees out and the AC struggles to keep up... THEN he'll think the insulation is a brilliant plan).

John, Holly, and sometimes Chloe.
Spiritofthewoods.net
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2016, 09:47:15 am »

Thank you for the issues with the OEM Ford full-coverage insulation-backed rubber mat.  $400 for a new one is far too much for my budget.  I'd rather spend that kind of money elsewhere in the PC.  I will keep an eye open for a used one somewhere.  It would be interesting to give it a try with consideration to all the concerns mentioned.

Ron

ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2016, 11:14:24 am »

Moisture entrapment is and should be a concern for all of us and one should do everything possible to ensure there is no water getting in anywhere.  With that said there is not a new car on the road without extensive insulation in the floor, trunk and door areas and the manufacturers still offer and extended rust perforation warranty.  The way the QuieteRide insulation sticks I am not overly worried that water can somehow get under it.  A rubber mat that does not breathe at all may be another story?  I do wonder if PC's unwillingness to do anything inside the door panels may have something to do with Fords rust warranty?
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 68
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2016, 04:42:10 pm »

I must admit, Im a little mystified by this whole discussion.  After 35 years of RVing, we had to sell our 3100 due to age/health issues. This was after first owning a 2900 (no longer made).  The 2900 had wandering steering, a hot doghouse, and was kind of noisy.  But then, after all, it was a truck.  The 3100 was a vast improvement.  It drove great, much quieter, no floor heat problem, and for us, a perfect floor plan.  We werent too concerned with minor issues while driving as that was generally a small part of our time in the PC.  And for us, the speakers was not an issue as we rarely used them using driving time for sightseeing, planning, talking, contemplation, and being thankful that we had this lifestyle.  Frankly, we didnt spend money on trying to fix things that only involved driving and didnt affect our camping experience.  Just my humble observations.

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 200
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2016, 05:09:37 pm »

Holly my mats are the two piece floor mats, all the way on the right side of their web site. Use "ECONOLINE E-SERIES" for the model.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:57:26 pm by TomHanlon » Logged

Current PC: 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC: 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Dynadave

Helpful Rating: 12
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 9/2014
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2016, 08:22:36 pm »

The "heat problem" should take care of any moisture In that area, if it won't , seems to me there is no  heat problem. I have owned other older rv's with the E450 chassis that were much noisier than my Phoenix and in one case did take up the carpeting and apply a sound deadening  rubber material directly on the  metal cab floor, that resulted in an improvement but not an elimination of the issue. My Phoenix is acceptable to me without any alterations. I don't think the money and effort would be worth  the results.

2010 PC3100   2016 Veloster pushing
Sarz272000

Helpful Rating: 5
________
OwnPC: No
Model: 2900
________

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 09:26:41 pm »

Well said Go Phoenix!  We used to camp with four kids six bikes and a 30 foot TT. We would row down the windows so I didn't have to worry about overheating. I would rather spend the limited funds on vacation fun than vehicle comforts. However, safety items got fixed every time.

I wish I had seen your PC sooner. Would have loved to buy it. Hope you are doing fine. I am still looking for a PC.

Ron
ragoodsp
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2016, 10:47:44 am »

Obviously, every one of us has differing opinions as to what brings enjoyment to our driving experience.  Having had several diesel pushers I can say that I do miss the quite cab vs's the noise and heat that comes from the PC's large V-10 sitting between me and my passenger. I like to listen to Sirius radio and I do not like to listen to classical music coming from "tinny" Ford OEM FedX truck speakers, so a very simple upgrade to Infinity speakers at a cost of $100.oo was worth every cent to me.  Not hearing trucks whizzing by on the expressway or the roar of the Ford downshifting on a hill was worth the $385.00 to me.  When you invest way over $100,000 in a vehicle you should expect a lot and to tolerate anything less than what you expected is sad.  Many competitors of PC including Born Free, Renegade, and Coach House all offer significant insulation packages because their consumers demand such quality.   If my modest investment in insulation/speakers brings my coach comfort level up by nearly 50% I would say it was all worth it.  Until you actually hear the improvement that is gained you do not know what you are missing....Thanks, Ron G.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »

Obviously, every one of us has differing opinions as to what brings enjoyment to our driving experience.....Thanks, Ron G.
Surely so!

It is also a hobby of mine making the little improvements/changes and personal nice-ities on our PC.  It's not everybody's hobby of which I understand.  The forum here is the perfect place for us to share our ideas.  Our ideas are not for everyone.  I know that sometimes my written thoughts and comments sometimes come across as "absolute musts" for everyone to consider.  I do apologize for that.

Ron Dittmer
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 01:11:15 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 395
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
Model: 2551
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2016, 11:31:30 am »

I installed a DB meter (Decibal 10 - free) on my iPad. As we are driving under various conditions I checked the noise level.  We are running at between 60-70.  This is very acceptable to us since normal conversation at 3 feet is 60-70 DB.  We have no noise issues in our cab or coach.

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: