Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PC Twin Beds ... what a pain  (Read 2148 times)
NLK

Helpful Rating: 15
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: August 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry / Gray
ExtColor: Gray full paint
________

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2010, 12:51:58 pm »

Twin beds in my PC What a pain to make and nothing standard you can buy fits plus they are different sizes.  This is what I did and it's working fantastic.   Smile
I went to WalMart and bought sheets.  $4.00 a piece ( 2 full and 2 twin/single ) with a low thread count, because I didn't want to practice with expensive sheets.

Throw them in the dryer to get out most of the wrinkles first.  Remember you are going to be working inside out on the fabric.  Fold the full sheet lengthwise and sew together the long side and one end, sew the seam a to 1/2 inch from the edges.  Measure the depth of your mattress that will be the depth for your fitted corners on the sewn end, sew 2 box corners carefully cutting off the excess material "after" the corners are sewed. 
Take the mattress off the bed and slide it into the "mattress case/fitted bottom sheet" adjusting your corners to fit where they shouldthis was actually quite easy to do.

I was going to put a drawstring at the open end but it bunched up too much.
I folded the open end over like wrapping a gift and used 2 or 3 large safety pins to close the end snuggly.  If I come up with something better I will share it.
Make the bed with the top single sheet, tucking the excess under the mattress on the wall side and foot of the bed.  I probably could make the sheet narrower and hem the side but I am comfortable the way it is for now.

I liked it so well that I made mattress covers the same way and put a 2 inch mattress topper inside on the mattress, "WHILE" I was slipping the cover over WOW   pulling hair out now that was a chore ( you want the topper to fit flat and stay without folding or creases ) and luckily I had a friend to help.  The extra pair of hands for doing that was surely appreciated.  As far as making the mattress covers . depending on how thick your mattress is and how thick the mattress topper is, you may want to buy a queen sheet and measure to fit for thicker covers/mattress case/bottom fitted sheet.  If you are putting a mattress topper in your mattress cover (not bottom fitted sheet cover) ... have it snug enough as to not shift around while you are sleeping.
I also bought the matching pillowcases.  The WalMart sheets are not perfectly squared so don't stress yourself thinking you did something wrong.  I found this was a break two nails and a 4 cups of coffee project.  Coffee  With this being said I have bought better sheets, higher thread count, and made 2 sets of sheets.  All is working well  ThumbsUp
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:50:34 pm »

You might find this of interest.  I posted it earlier in another topic.

After buying a PC 2551 recently, the first thing I wondered about was what kind of bedding to use on the two different length beds.  I came across a small family owned business in South Carolina specializing in custom made bedding for RVs.  I bought fitted bottom sheets with bottom fitted top sheets and matching pillow cases and really nice mattress pads custom tailored to exactly fit my two bunk beds delivered to my house for a total of $180 for the two sheet sets and the two pads.  They seem to be very well made and are exact fits.  I would heartily recommend this company to other PC owners looking for good quality bedding that fits their RV.  The website is:

http://www.ablifestyles.net/servlet/the-Camper-fdsh-RV-Sheets-&-Bedding/Categories

pyrthkr
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 07:33:17 pm »

The bedding appeared 2 be a great idea until I tried & tried to contact the vendor w/no results.  I ended up buying some sheet sacks & a couple of good comforters that I simply throw over the top of the bedspreads in the 2551 twins each pm.  In the am I roll up the comforters & stash ea under the shirt closet, fold the sheet sacks & put them out of sight behind the pillow shams & everything looks tidy again! 
 Cheers nod Wink
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: February 2010
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 06:52:38 pm »

After hearing of difficulty contacting ABLifestyles, I sent them a note on their website.  After a day, I got the following note.  Apparently they're doing fine, but a bit busy. I have been very satisfied with the custom made mattress pads and fitted sheet sets.

"Thank you so much for letting people know about us. We are still here, and staying busy. And thank God everyday for it. Please let your friend know we are here. And am in the plant Monday through Friday 8,00am to 5.00pm
Thanks again
Janice Ruddock
800-825-4533
AB Lifestyles Home Store
A Division of Allyson Brooke, Inc.

~We appreciate your business!~
Visit us again at: www.ABLifestyles.net
pyrthkr
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 12:48:18 pm »

Appreciate your follow-up on the bedding.  It was such a great idea when I 1st read it & I will definitely try to communnicate w/vendor again.  Maybe Santa will keep the twin bed sheets on his list?
 obliged cool Wink
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: April 2010
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 09:19:44 pm »

Also check out bedderbedding.net for custom sheet sets and mattress covers.  Look in the Yacht/Boat section for the mattress sizes in the PC2551.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
BarbRN

Helpful Rating: 4
________
PurchDate: May 25, 2013
IntColor: beige
ExtColor: tan
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 03:43:07 pm »

The bedding appeared 2 be a great idea until I tried & tried to contact the vendor w/no results.  I ended up buying some sheet sacks & a couple of good comforters that I simply throw over the top of the bedspreads in the 2551 twins each pm.  In the am I roll up the comforters & stash ea under the shirt closet, fold the sheet sacks & put them out of sight behind the pillow shams & everything looks tidy again! 
 Cheers nod Wink

Where did you find comforters to fit??  They are all huge.
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 04:23:17 pm »

Barb,
Look at the post from Sue and myself-we both did the same thing although she is a better seamstress than I am!

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
BarbRN

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 04:26:47 pm »

Barb,
Look at the post from Sue and myself-we both did the same thing although she is a better seamstress than I am!

Judi
Not wanting to get into the sewing, I ordered bunk sheets with two fitted sheets at the bottom from Amazon.  Hope they work.  Just the bottom of the top sheet is with fitted corners. 
BarbRN

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 09:20:55 am »

I finished my beds, the quilt project is so nice looking.  How do I post a photo?
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 10:05:11 am »

That really looks nice!!

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2013, 12:52:34 pm »

Very nice Barb!!!

Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2013, 12:30:47 am »

I finished my beds, the quilt project is so nice looking.  How do I post a photo?
Like a pro.  No, a pro would not do that good.  Like an expert.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
yankeeflyer
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2013, 06:40:54 am »

Nice job Barb!
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2013, 01:17:05 am »

Sleeping bags!

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: