Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Xantrex inverter  (Read 1131 times)
MartyAZ

Helpful Rating: 1
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Nov 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
IntColor: tans
ExtColor: gray
________

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2010, 02:27:03 pm »

Our 1551 2010 is equipped with Xantrex inverter and a converter (P50 and 6012). The inverter has a control head on the wall behind the driver. When there is no shore power, and I turn it on, I get power to the 2 TV/DVD systems.
1) what else is powered by the inverter?
2) where is the inverter physically located?? The converter is under the curb side bed.  shrug
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:48:17 pm »

The inverter in our Sprinter 2350 also powers the receptacle In the bath, the outside receptacle and the receptacle under the sink.
The inverter, I think, is under the passenger side bed in the 2551.  The black fuse panel covers the charger part.
Thr inverter should not be far away.   

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
MartyAZ

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 04:21:22 pm »

Thanks for info on powered outlets. I will check them. I know the charger is under that bed. I will have to hunt there more thoroughly for the inverter.
 ThankYou
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 08:28:56 pm »

On our 2010 2551, the inverter powers the front TV and DVD player, and outlets in the bath, below the kitchen sink and outside.  The rear TV and DVD player are 12v and not on the inverter.  The inverter is under the passenger bed mounted to the inside of the panel forward of the converter/charger/ breaker panel.  You have to lift the mattress platform to see it.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
MartyAZ

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 10:21:50 pm »

The pilot lights on the rear TV/DVD player go out when we disconnect from shore power and go on when the inverter is turned on. Even though the DVD player looks like it should be 12V, I don't think it is but I will double check it. The TV plugs into an AC outlet in the closet behind it.

I will hunt for the inverter under the passenger bed. Thanks for the info.

I was afraid some serious  and sneaky power eaters were hooked to the inverter.
 Smile
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2010, 12:38:34 pm »

Maybe PC made a change in the rear TV and/or DVD player during the 2010 model year.  Sounds like your TV is a 120v unit that is wired to the inverter.

On mine, the TV is a MBQUART and the DVD is a Boss, both are 12v input and are wired directly to the 12v system.  When unplugged from shore power, the TV and DVD are powered if the battery disconnect switch by the door is in the "USE" position.  In the "STORE" position, the TV and DVD are off like all the 12 system and do not turn on with the inverter.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
MartyAZ

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 04:41:06 pm »

After spending 2 more nights in the PC, the Boss DVD player over the bed is indeed 12v. The Polaroid TV with it is AC and can be powered by the inverter. No AC, No TV. 

I think we got that question covered. Many thanks.
ThumbsUp
Al B

________
PurchDate: 12/15/10
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Cherry
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:50:17 pm »

Like Bobander, our 2350 has the MBQuartz rear television and the Boss DVD, both of which operate w/o the inverter. The only thing plugged into the 110 outlet in our shirt closet is the microwave. There is however a second, unused 110V outlet in our closet on the backside of where the tv is mounted, so maybe it's dealer's choice whether you get a 12V or 110V television in the bedroom.
begentle

________
PurchDate: Jan 2012
IntColor: Sterling & Cherry
ExtColor: Sterling Full
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2012, 10:02:21 pm »

Is it possible for a savvy rv tech to add any of the other outlets to the inverter system?  For instance we would appreciate having the outlets behind the driver and behind the passenger be live on the inverter.  For that matter, would like ALL the 110 outlets to be available on the inverter.  We would never use all the outlets at once and over load the system, but would like the option to have any outlet in the coach available.

And may I assume that the microwave is NOT available on the inverter, also?

Thanks,
Deena

<<On our 2010 2551, the inverter powers the front TV and DVD player, and outlets in the bath, below the kitchen sink and outside.  The rear TV and DVD player are 12v and not on the inverter.  The inverter is under the passenger bed mounted to the inside of the panel forward of the converter/charger/ breaker panel.  You have to lift the mattress platform to see it.>>

The Gentles
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »

When we start the generator we get a small delay in the tv? Not sure what it is but the Directv would go blank and have to re-set. It would do this automatically but what a pain. I installed a 300-watt pure sine wave inverter. I have the TV, DVR AND DVD in this plug, never get interrupted again. I know what you want can be done, not sure how but I guess its different strokes for different folks.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 09:02:53 am »

I think the reason why some outlets are not on the inverter is for concern an owner may overload an inverted electrical circuit, damaging the motor home in some way.  For example, in our 2007 2350 no-slide, we have an outlet in the front dinette bench that is NOT functional with the inverter.  I wish it was as our laptop computer would have utilized it nicely.  I think the factory reserved that outlet for a toaster which could never safely opperate off the inverter.  That outlet works only with the generator or shore power.

I think it may be possible to power that dinette outlet through the inverter as the circuit breaker panel is very close to my inverter.  I may be able to simply rework the wiring in that area.  But I never had enough enthusiasm to dig into it as we have adapted well to work around it.

I feel that if you cannot rework the wiring in the circuit breaker/inverter area to accomplish the electrical change, then I would not mess with it.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
begentle

________
PurchDate: Jan 2012
IntColor: Sterling & Cherry
ExtColor: Sterling Full
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »

Thanks for the replies.  I figured it was to protect us (and the rig) from ourselves!  We do a lot of dry camping and boondocking, and on our last two rigs all the outlets were available to the inverter, so we were a bit stymied at first, thinking maybe there was something wrong with the desired outlets! 

Deena

The Gentles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: