Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Roof delamination?  (Read 1952 times)
Richard2

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 04:10:19 pm »

On the roof of the Phoenix Cruiser that I just purchased, I noticed there is a small section of roof, approximately 12inches by 30 inches where the exterior surface of the roof is not attached to the structure underneath.  There is a noticeable void between the roof exterior white material, which I assume is fiberglass, and the underneath material.   Is this common, or should I attempt to rectify the void?  Thanks.
captgw2
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:25:30 pm »

Could you post some photos of the affected area and also note the location that you suspect delamination on your P.C.?

I would think the factory would like to hear about it, even though you are out of the warranty period.   nod

Also, is there any evidence of damage done by the previous owner??

GW2
Richard2

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:57:46 pm »

Thanks for your reply.  I checked the roof again today to get a little better idea of the situation, and I notice that the problem is the worse where the roof rounds down to the sidewalls.  There is quite a bit of separation along this rounded corner from roof to sidewall, and then a few areas where it is separated on the flat portions of the roof.  I don't have a copy of the warranty, but I doubt it is covered, I'm more interested in what I can do to make sure this doesn't become a future issue.  Regarding the warranty, my motorhome still has the Ford 3 year 36,000 miles on the chassis, and this is good until August of 2010.  The motorhome doesn't appear to have been abused, and it only has 16,000 miles on it, so it has seen reasonably little use.  Do you or anyone have an email for the warranty or construction branch of Phoenix Cruiser?  Thanks again. 
captgw2
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 07:57:48 am »

I suggest presenting the roof issue to Stuart and Kermit at Phoenix. I just bought a 2350 from Elkhart and found the entire team of people very cordial and helpful. But take some photos with a ruler(to judge size) to demonstrate the area affected. Please keep the thread updated on your progress.  ThumbsUp  Their phone number is (574) 266-2020
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 11:53:03 am »

While washing my 2010 2350 yesterday, I too noticed a small separation area on the roof to the right of the tv antenna starting from the round over.  It's currently about 2 ft long by 1 ft wide.  Was planning on monitoring it and calling the factory if it got larger.  Will be interested in seeing what you are told.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 09:55:27 am »

From the first time I washed my 2007 2350 back in July of 2007, I noticed the top fiberglass sheet is not fully glued to the substructure.  It seems to be a floating sheet to some degree.  I had assumed the factory intentionally did not glue the entire fiberglass sheet down, maybe something like is common with linoleum floors at home where you glue the perimeter and a few spots in the middle.  I think doing something now after the fact, would only do harm.

Still, the factory should be made aware that it's customers have the condition and do question it.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: