Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to Post Images from URL's (with Screenshots!)  (Read 1544 times)
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:53:06 pm »

This is for those of you who want to post pictures that are already hosted somewhere on the Internet. If you are wanting to post pictures from your computer, you need the other thread: How to Post Images as Attachments.

The first thing you need to do is to locate your image on the Internet and get its url. We're going to work with one of the ads I've done for Phoenix for this example. I use Firefox as my browser, so my screen shots may look a little different than yours, but what I'm going to show you will work in any browser.

1. Once we've located our image, we are going to go to the URL and highlight it, as shown below:

2. Now right-click the highlighted URL text and select "copy" from the pop-up menu, as shown above.

3. Now that we have it copied to our clipboard, we are going to paste that url into our post. To do this, you need to to either reply to a current topic or start a new one, as seen below:

new topic:

reply:

4. When you've selected one of those, the posting screen will display as below:

5. Now all you need to do is to click on the insert image button, as shown above.
It will make img tags show up in the posting box as shown below.

6. Right-click the area between the two img tags and select "paste" as shown above.

7. Now your image is in your post, not at the end like an attachment, but up in the post wherever you would like it to be. Repeat the above steps everywhere you would like to insert a new image.

8. Click "Preview" to preview your post with your image in it. If it looks like you want it to, submit your reply or topic with the "post" button.

Please feel free to use this topic to practice inserting images or to ask questions. For practice purposes, you may click on the link below and use that image if you like.
http://www.phoenixusarv.com/images/other/green_ad-11x5.jpg

Aimee, Webmistress
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: