Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Savannah, Ga  (Read 1184 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:08:07 am »

On Saturday Nov. 20 we plan to head down to Savannah, Ga., spend a couple of days and then start back north, stopping along the way at different shore places. We have to be home on Sunday Nov. 28. We have never been to Savannah, so I am asking anyone that knows the area for hints on what to do and see this time of year. Friends of ours have suggested taking one or more of the tours and doing River street. They also said that Tybee Island's campground would be a nice place to stay. Resturants as well as places to see would be great.  I have never had Truducken and Thanksgiving is that week, so if you know of a place to get it, let me know. Please lay your suggestion on me.

Depending on how long we spend in Savannah, the next stop might be Hilton Head, then Charleston, SC, and maybe our old favorite stop of North Myrtle Beach, if time permits.  Suggestions at these stops would be helpful also.

We could spend the whole week in Savannah. Who knows how it will play out. The best part of owning a small Phoenix Cruiser 2350. Go anywhere, do any thing.

ThankYou
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 08:16:33 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 08:19:44 am »

We stayed at Skidaway State Park in June in our 2350. It is right outside of Savannah and a very easy drive into the city.

Since we do not tow, we parked at the Visitors Center (they offered free parking for an hour) and then went over to a garage that gave us free parking with the Trolley Tour. The tour was very informative.

We only spent a day in Savannah itself but should have spent more time walking around but in June the temp was 105 and humid so we went on our way.

We plan to go to Myrtle Beach and to the Outer Banks this coming summer so if you can give us any info on that leg of our trip, it would be appreciated.

Judi and Geroge

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 08:39:12 am »

Tom,
Just thought of something else++++

About 2 hours South of Savannah is Fernandina Beach Florida with the best State Park we have ever been to. It is called Fort Clinch State Park. There is a campground, a neat fort, super beach with swimming. The only problem is that it is hard to make a reservation. It's always booked but check on Reservamerica. There may be an opening if you are interested.

Judi

Punta Gorda FL
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:17:23 pm »

Judi, thanks for the parking tip, I will do that the first day. If you had not taken the trolly tour, was there any place to park an RV? I may need this for any additional days we stay there.

We have been to Myrtle beach and north Myrtle beach many many times over the years. We like staying in North Myrtle beach at the Travel Park. It is close to a lot of the shopping and resturants and is on the ocean.  It does seem that when we stay in the north, we are running down to the south a lot and when we stay in the south, we are running up to the north end a lot. Since we think the Travel Park is the nices campground, we generaly stay there. We have not been to the Outer Banks in many years, so i can't be of much help there.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gradygal
SuperHero Member

________
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 01:29:47 pm »

You can park the RV at the Visitor Center. I don't remember what they charge per hour but parking is available there as well as other lots around the Visitor Center.

Punta Gorda FL
rockrat

Helpful Rating: 2
________
PurchDate: April, 2010
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: umbra
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 02:41:09 pm »

Tom

on the back side of Old Town Trolley Tour bus Company, there is a parking lot, you can park your 2350 there, and it was free 2 years ago when we were there.

When you finished with Savannah, you can move up to Charleston and do a harbor tour to Fort Sumter before you head on up to Myrtle Beach.

Donald

2010 2350 with slideout
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: