Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Center hook up  (Read 1683 times)
pyrthkr
« on: December 06, 2010, 02:07:35 pm »

Got the 2008 2551 home last wk from PA & the major thing I need 2 work on is the entertainment cabinet.  Appears the prior owners had sat/direct tv; there's a Winegard antenna up top awa the std bat wing w/booster [figured out red light means booster is on].  2 connected cables come from the Winegard in to the cabinet, 1 comes in from the o-head tv, 1 assumedly from the o-side cable hook up, + another from the Executive DVD player.  I assume I have to get a sat box from some purveyor if I want to go that way + I'll also install a power strip + put in some shelving like some of you have shown in other posts.  I'm told that where the cable connection is made on the tv may have to change depending on whether satellite or cable is used.  We had the DVD player on during the trip + it can be seen on both tvs.  We ran a cable through the b-rm window directly into the back tv to get RV park cable to work.  ~1/2 the parks did not offer cable so we're leaning toward sat.  Park owners indicated to us that cable is a disappearing amenity w/preponderence of individual owned sat [much like lan phone & internet have mostly disappeared].  Sorry to be so AV dense - I usually let the kids set up this stuff in the house......As always, appreciate any + all communications.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 04:23:34 pm »

Boy, I don't know what to tell you about AV hookups prewired for satelite TV.  Intersting about your wiring from the front DVD to the rear TV.  We did this instead, given we did not order ours a rear TV.  This rear TV uses very little inverted power.  We watch movies in bed on inverted power without concern of draining the batteres.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 04:26:06 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
pyrthkr
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 09:43:48 am »

ThumbsUp
Nice job on the rear tv hook up Ron (having read your posts - I wd/hv expected nothing less!) & thx for the response.  We too seem to use the rear tv more often at this point unless guests are over specifically to watch a movie.  I was putzing around in the unit yesterday (lubing steps, reconnecting range o-head fan, re-adhering an o-side storage door arm, new porch light bulb) & found that I can also disconnect the power plug on the rear tv (duh) when storing - just another possible phantom power shut off.  Had a scare when I got out to work the PC & my drill kept cutting in & out.  Tried to engage the genny w/no luck; looked at the batteries & checked voltage at a few spots (~11.35 everywhere) so I plugged into shore & everything charged up.  Mystery solved when co-pilot indicated she had been showing off the PC; running the slide in/out, sofa/bed up/down, etc., w/o rechecking battery condition.  Lesson learned on both our parts.  Will be working on a pesky small leak where the macerator connects to the rest of the 3 1/2 waste piping.  Also rechecking the backup camera for audio - couldn't seem to get that to work yesterday although it appears to have the controls for that awa headphone jack.  Also asked Kermit & Stuart where I cd/get some touch up paint.  Might have to bring the kids over to hook up the entertainment stuff........
 Coffee
pyrthkr
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 02:57:09 pm »

Oh yeah; & replace the drawer slides under the passenger side bed w/steel ball bearing ones.  One of the face plates on both drawers is already cracked as is one of the slides.  Will also put a bead of silicon seal where the shower frame meets the base - seems to seep water there.  Fun, fun, fun!
 Wink
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 04:11:13 pm »

Just like you, we'll power up the front TV when having guests for the evening or on poor weather days.  They all know where to hang out....the pad with the entertainment system.  All in good fun.

You seem to be on-track, going over the entire unit.  Doing that annually isn't a bad idea.  I tend to be a little lazy in that area, finding myself pulling out the tool box while on a trip, when my girl is making dinner or something.  Never anything serious has needed fixing on the road so far.

If you have a Tripp-Lite inverter as is in my 2007, you'll want to read up on my Power Saving article in the Tips & Tricks section.

pyrthkr
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 04:43:45 pm »

Yeah, that inverter plug is something on my list to look for.  My inverter is under the frig behind what I imagine is a cooling screen w/hinges on 4 corners.  Guess I'll have to do some hardware removal.  Also agree w/your posts that there sh/be an inverter on/off switch.
 MeToo
BTW:  Carol at PC emailed me that they are sending a complete paint touch up kit for my specific model.  Nice!
 Grin
Stay warm!
 cool
Mike

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 05:37:45 pm »

Yep, remove two of the four hinges.  I would call the factory and ask for a few latches and matching door knobs, to make that a standard opperating door.  It's locked down for child safety, but if you don't have kids, make it normal so you can completely kill the inverter.

Also, that headphone jack my article mentions, you can reach up from below and simply unplug it.  Get a mirror and flashlight first to see how to reach it.

Glad to hear the factory is sending you touchup paint.  We all got touch-up paint when our units were delivered new.  Given mine is multi-colored, I have 3, maybe 4 bottles.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:40:25 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

pyrthkr
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 05:54:27 pm »

Finally figured out most of the cabling coming into the Entertainment center while at McDowell Mt Park over the New Year holiday.  There really were no problems w/incoming cables - 1 from park cable [from connection near power hook up o-side], double cable from Winegard satellite [not used], single cable from batwing antenna.  The main challenge was in reading the Westinghouse TV booklet instructions which indicated to <enter> when we got to a certain point in the set-up.  By mistake, after many, many, many attempts I hit the right arrow key & it took off setting up everything to the antenna.  I guess right arrow means <enter> in Westinghouse language.   pulling hair out Of course, this was AFTER pulling the TV out to check the theory that the actual cable had to be in a different location on the set - Nope!  There is only one location!   pulling hair out

Wingman goes up tomorrow after we check local reception.  Don't think we'll be investing in any satellite monthly charges just yet - I like checking out the area or just relaxing w/book when we stop & local TV provides all we [read, I] need in the way of weather, etc.
 Wink
Keep my Father-in-law [dream tool room owner] in your thoughts this Monday.  He's going in to have a cancerous kidney & ureter removed & we'll see what needs to be done after that.
 WavingCow
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:43:47 am »

Is there access to the back of the TV? From the TV to dish receiver/DVD player?

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
pyrthkr
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 12:29:29 pm »

Hi Billy - hope you enjoy Quartzite!  There is no real access to the back of the TV but (as I found out the hard way - unscrewing the mounts) there is no need to access it.  All the cabling runs through the cabinet located over the passenger seat (DVD & TV power cords; TV cable, batwing antenna w/booster cable, satellite antenna cable, DVD cable).  You'll see when you visit the 2551 also, Ron has some pics on this forum of this very same cabinet that he has improved by installing a shelf and power strip.
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2011, 02:35:09 pm »

The reason I ask is we have a Wii. I'm spoiled! Just wondering how I would hook it up. thanks, bill

pyrthkr
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 02:43:56 pm »

All the plug in attachments are on the left side of the main TV.  On my 2008 2551 there are 2 long, coarse thread screws in the cabinet to the left of the TV that hold the leather border around the TV that you have to remove to access.  Might be different on a new model as I notice the TV is appreciably larger & there doesn't appear to be a border.  You might also think about hooking your Wii to the bedroom TV which might provide easier access.  All things to add to your list of stuff to look at when you get to Quartzite.
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2011, 06:03:59 pm »

thanks pyrthkr, I'll be looking at Bobs in Q. billy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: