Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New PC 2551/2552  (Read 1922 times)
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2010, 07:34:58 pm »

Picked up our new PC Dec. 2.  Traded our 2010 2350.  Picture is in Bozeman, Montana at an overnight stop with outside temperature at a minus 10 degrees.  Furnace kept inside comfortable.  This is the second or third try to post this.  Appears photo was too large.
    Bob
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 11:48:40 am by aimee » Logged
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 08:55:36 pm »

I'd love to read why the switch from a 2010-2350 to a 2011-2551.  Any other options added or deleted?  Also, what is a 2552?

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 08:05:53 am »

Congrats on your new motorhome.  Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate

I would like more details about your new motorhome also. Is this the one, the 2551 with the two barrel chairs? Did they replace the sofa? Do you have a slide out? What color did you get? Please fill us in on all the details.

While you are at it, how about filling in your profile.  Smile

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 89
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:15:30 am »

OH wow! It seems that trading a 2350 for a 2551 is the thing to do! We did it as well; signed the contract last Monday.

The reason is the comfort factor. We are getting older and crawling out of the corner bed in the middle of the night, is a PIA. When you are on the road for 3 monthes or more, as we were last year, twin beds seem like the way to go.

We ordered ours with no slide but a table and two captains chairs. We found that the dinette seating was uncomfortable.

We went with insulated glass again. Full body paint, cherry cabinetry, premium convenience package and surround sound and No carpeting in the coach.

We loved our 2350 Sprinter. We are sacrificing great mileage for comfort but++++++++++!

You guys are the first to know. We haven't even told the family. They think we are nuts as it is!

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 03:19:31 pm »

Congrats to you also Gradygal.  Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate

Lets us know when you get it. The difference between men and boys or Women and girls is the price of their toys.

Tom Hanlon
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 11:34:54 am »

Hey Bob gl1500,

Is this your old 2350 being sold by the factory on ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PHOENIX-CRUISER-HAVE-PLEASUREWAY-ROADTREK-/110621875114?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item19c193dbaa

Is your new 2011-2551 the same green exterior color as your 2010-2350?  Does it have a slide or no-slide like your old one?

When we were selecting colors for our 2007-2350, we debated if full body green would be the ideal color.  But back then Phoenix USA could not show us an example of one.  They only had a poor paper print picture.  Given our interior was sagemint green, it was something to consider.

We did like the gray, so we went the safe route and ordered our exterior gray.  But as time has passed with numerous pictures since available of the green, oh how we like that green color.  Had we been able to see a green in person back then, I think we would have ordered ours green, then eventually get a matching green Jeep Liberty to tow behind it.  Maybe I should trade-in ours for your old 2010, ha, ha.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 11:57:51 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
Model: 2100
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 02:05:43 pm »

Congrats on the new units!!  Heart Shower

if you'd like, the easiest way to get a good-sized photo up of the 2552 would probably be to e-mail them to me at comments@phoenixcruiser.com I have the new floorplan and some photos to put up as well...should be ready later today!!

WoOHOO!

Aimee, Webmistress
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 03:33:39 pm »

Floorplan and photo:

http://phoenixusarv.com/albums/2552_models/

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 03:45:03 pm »

I am a bit perplexed what the 2552S is.  I see the slideout is the same, but the couch is replaced with a dinette.  Is that the deal?  Or does the "S" stand for Sprinter?

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 04:44:18 pm »

Ron, I would bet that the "S" stands for slideout like on the 2551/2551S. From looking at the picture one can clearly see that it is on a Ford. Grin What I want to know is what got smaller to allow the door to be moved toward the rear, allowing for the chair.

I hope Aimee puts the picture on the home page.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 04:46:44 pm by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 05:50:58 pm »

The picture isn't clear enough that I can put it up on the home page yet, but I'm working on it to see if I can make it sharper.

Aimee, Webmistress
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:30 pm »

Oh, I do see that extra chair now.

gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 06:51:06 pm »

I will try and answer the many questions.  On our 2350 we had another automotive seat installed in place of the barrel chair behind the passenger seat.  Needed to safely carry our granddaughter.  We found the corner bed to be a real pain.  Maybe OK for young people, but not for us.  Spoke to Stewart about the 2551.  Needed more room to put another auto seat behind passenger.  Therefore the evolution of the 2552S being a slideout with a couch.  Found the 2350 dinette uncomfortable.  Will be adding a short pair of legs to the couch table and wife will make a cushion so table can be used as a foot stool for relaxing.  Stewart and Kermit came up with adding 12 inches to the coach which would give the extra room.  By lengthening the coach they were able to add a slideout pantry between the refrig. and the couch and room for the auto seat behind the passenger seat.  Some of the other items we had installed are:  a Max fan 6200 in the bed area, it is a self contained unit that can be left open in bad weather as when open it has its own cover.  Moved the Fantastic Fan forward to the slideout area. Had a 3 inch pullout drawer installed in one of the closets over the bed, room for wifes jewelry and computer. Wood rails on the tapered wing areas, which allows items to be left in those areas while driving. Two six volt batteries(More power available). Three way refrig. We always use DC when on the road, contrary to what some say there is plenty of DC available and the RV standard is not to use propane on the road(safety). Added insulation in the side cap area where there is none. Had an upgraded water pump, water pump strainer and flex lines added between the pump and the hard lines, eliminates the transfer of noise through the system. Had Ford Rep. come to the PC Factory and program the computer for the Keyless Remotes which gave us two remotes.  We had shutoffs added inside the coach for the outside shower so once blown out they can be shut off and coach still useable in winter.  On our 2552, PC has added an access panel under the mattress for the water pump and added a valve and hose so you can pump anti-freeze directly into the system, nice addition for those that use anti-freeze.  
     The 2350 on E-Bay is our old unit, if you can call nine months old.  The paint is the Desert Sage and cherry cabinets, same on the new unit.  Went with the Tom Tom system to eliminate hitting head on backup camera on the overhead and having to look up to see the screen.  
     Where can you find a manufacturer to do these custom items in this day.  My hat is off to PC and I will promote their product.
     Bob
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 12:36:52 am »

Bob,

What a custom unit you got.  What a story.  Wow.  It sounds like you took everything you learned from your 2350, and applied all ideas into your new 2552S.  Amazing the factory was so creative in working with you on that.  It was probably the best time of year for them to experiment with a new body design, given it's their slow time of year.  One thing I can say.  Your custom 2552S is much more desirable to me than the standard 2551S.  I also like the idea of getting short table legs to turn the table into a recliner/coffee table.  I too wish I had shelves in those wing areas behind the front seats.  I empty my pockets onto one of them for bedtime, but I wish my padded wing shelves would hold real stuff while in motion.  Solid front railings would be great.

Thanks for sharing all the details.

Would you be available to answer any questions on your old 2350 if I find an interested party?

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 04:38:48 pm »

WOW Bob, looks like you did it right this time around.  ThumbsUp Hope you have many miles of smiles. Grin

Tom Hanlon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: