Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New PC 2551/2552  (Read 1626 times)
Paula Corey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 05:46:07 pm »

Sounds like you have a wonderful custom made Phoenix Cruiser!  We have modified every motor home we have had and as I have stated in previous posts we have done extensive interior mods on this PC.  This does not mean we do not like the product overall but any motor home needs to conform to its owner's need for comfort and flexibility.  I see you had the factory do the hatch for the pump and do the pump upgrades.  It is well worth it.  And we did do rails on the shelves behind the front seats, as well.  The one thing we are unhappy with -- and many motor homes now have these -- is the stationary table -- too narrow, too close to the couch, too in the way.  We stored the table in the garage but have yet to figure out a satisfactory alternative.  We are using a collapsible table in the meantime and it works far better than the original table.  We found a great ottoman at JC Penny.  The top comes off and we can store a lot of electronic gear inside of it.  It fits perfectly between the front seats or as an ottoman for the couch or can be used as another seat.  It is $60 at the store and $20 online.  Great little addition.  We are almost done making the PC our own.  One more thing I want to do is put a frosted plastic window in the sliding door between the bedroom and bathroom so that all the light from the bathroom can flow into the rest of the motor home when the door is closed.  Airstreams have these and they are great.  Last, and this is small but important, is a change out of the heat directional whatchamacallits for ones that have dampers.  I find that when I turn the heat on the bathroom and bedroom roast and that ends up turning off the furnace while the front of the motor home is freezing.  Enjoy your new motor home!
bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 131
________
PurchDate: April 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2010, 01:12:58 pm »

Had Ford Rep. come to the PC Factory and program the computer for the Keyless Remotes which gave us two remotes.
Bob

Are you saying that keyless remotes can be added to my 2010/2551 by going to a Ford dealer to purchse remotes and reprogram the computer?

Bob A.

2010  PC 2551
Paula Corey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 2010
________

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2010, 07:02:40 pm »

Bob, I had an extra remote programmed for our former Winnebago View and it cost me close to $350.  Just saying ...

gl1500

Helpful Rating: 45
________
PurchDate: Feb. 2014
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2350/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 11:56:26 pm »

Bob A.,
     We paid PC to have a Ford rep. come to the PC Factory and program two remotes for our unit.  We also had it done on the 2350 we had.  It cost $250 including the remotes and is well worth it.
      Bob
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: