Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2551 Twin bed mods  (Read 1076 times)
Paula Corey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:39:16 am »

I would like to upload pictures of the mods we did to our twin beds but they are too big for the file.  If someone could tell me how to make pictures smaller so I could upload them I would appreciate it.  In the meantime, I am posting one picture:  this is of the door we had made in the frame in the driver's side twin bed.  We like the storage under that bed but do not like having to raise and lower a fully made up bed to get at it.  Now we have easy access and it looks great!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:53:46 pm by aimee » Logged
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 10:20:19 am »

Great idea. Once we get our 2551, looks like that is something we will do.

Judi

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 12:22:28 pm »

Judi,

Ask the factory to add access doors under your beds for you while it is getting built.  I'm sure it will look perfect and at a reasonable cost too.

Have you given any thought to the ladder and roof rack?  Any thought about the Winegard antenna?  We had the roof rack and ladder NOT mounted, but rather placed inside the RV.  So far no regrets storing them in the attic.  The RV looks so clean and is hole-free without them.  I use a nice step ladder to get up top when at home.

Had I known how useless the Winegard antenna is now that the country gone digital, I would have left that off my list to avoid all the extra holes in the roof to accomodate it.  I have concluded the antenna works only when staying real close to, or in towns which is always then in RV parks.  But all RV parks include cable TV.  So what good is the Winegard antenna except to bang on the roof when the roads are rough?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:26:58 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 87
________
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 12:34:30 pm »

We are going to have the ladder mounted on this one. It is a much cleaner look without the ladder on the back but we don't have access to a ladder so it will be easier to climb onto the roof if needed.

We have used the Winegard antenna on many occassions. Since we tend to stay at State Parks, Provincial Parks (in Canada) and Corps of Engineers Parks, it works very well for us. Maybe the newer models are more powerful.

We will have the factory modify the under bed door.

What's happening with your chair? Got it yet?

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
Paula Corey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 02:48:56 pm »

Judi, I might add that if you are ordering the 2551 through the factory you might ask them to do a far better job on the bed frames.  The frames are not well supported.  And, a hatch to the pump will save unscrewing that huge plank and taking it off to get at the pump area.  Plus, the bed slab is 2" shorter than the mattress on the aisle side! When we put new plywood (very much upgraded from what was there) down we extended it out two inches so the mattress wasn't hanging out there with no support.  We love the twin beds but their original construction was very basic.  Frankly, the measurements were off, the plywood was the lowest grade and the bed support on the passenger side was screwed into the very thin bathroom "wall."   
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 172
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 03:36:58 pm »

Gradygal, we order our 2350 with the ladder but told them to keep the roof rack. I hated climing over them and they do add more holes to the roof. Like you I don't always have a ladder with me and it seems I need to get on the roof while out on a trip. I am always checking something up there.

Ron, you might want to get the winegard wingman to improve your TV. I added it to my last motorhome and it really did help put in the digital signals. Very easy to install and does not add to your roof height.
Here is the link to Camping World's sale:   http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/winegard-wingman/44021

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 174
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 04:16:53 pm »

Judi, No chair yet.  I called & emailed Pauls Seating again this week, but still no answer.  Hopefully they are in a seasonal shut-down mode, and not in permanent shut down.  Time will tell.  I was hoping to get the chair in time for Christmas.  It's my wife's gift to me.  It would have been nice to place it under the tree so she doesn't feel empty handed.

Tom, I think you are onto something with the antenna thingy.  One day I'll have to get me one of those.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: