Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hello from snowy cold MN  (Read 774 times)
BobinMN

Helpful Rating: 0
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 02:37:02 pm »

Hey gang,
Bob from MN here to say a quick hello. As I write this we are still digging out from one of the worst blizzards in many years. 10-20 inches of snow and 60-70 MPH winds. Anyway, I'm a police officer and will be retiring in 2 years and my wife Laurie and I will be FTing and we couldn't be more excited. After looking at many many MH's we are very impressed with the PC line of MH. They seem to be made with more quality and care from what PC owners are saying and experiencing. I have a few questions with many more to come I'm sure...I'm really glad I found this forum and thanks to Aimee for getting the log-in issue fixed. Why do some articles I read call the PC class B and others call it a Class C? It seems there are not many used PC on the market, is that assumption correct?
Thanks in advance for the answers.

Bob
gradygal
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 92
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: March 2012
Model: 2910
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: cherry
ExtColor: slate gray full body paint
________

our 3rd PC--Custom 2910

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 02:52:40 pm »

Gosh and we are complaining about 55 degrees!

We think that PC's are the best. We have a 2350 now and have placed an order for a 2551. The only reason  we are trading in our 2350 is that we want twin beds. As we get "older" crawling over one another in the middle of the night is not our idea of a good night's sleep. As a matter of fact, most everything will be the same - colors etc. Unfortunately, we will be losing 17 MPG on the Sprinter. But I guess a good rest is worth the added fuel cost.

I believe most folks who have PC's really like them. I have seen a couple of posts on different forums from folks who are not happy but they seem to be in the minority.

Judi and George Nicholson
Punta Gorda FL
GoPhoenix

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 12/2010
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2011
IntColor: Slate grey/Cherry
ExtColor: Full body grey
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 03:33:04 pm »

As for the PC motorhome class, technically its not either a Class B or a Class C, but its a Class B+.  B+ evolved from a van chassis on which Class B motorhomes were and are still built.  Class B+ motorhomes have a van front like a B but all the rest is custom made by Class B+ builders.  So, Class B is kinda correct, but in size (except width) its closer in concept to a Class C.  But actually, its a Class B+!  When you check into a campground or make reservations, tell them you have Class C.  It easier than trying to educate the campground owner many of who still dont know what a Class B+ is.

I remember very few of the things that Ive spent money to buy, but I remember all of the places that Ive spent money to see.
Paula Corey

Helpful Rating: 0
________
PurchDate: 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 04:16:10 pm »

There aren't many used Phoenix Cruisers out there.   A scan on the national Craigslist shows a handful with widely varying prices.  I  guess Phoenix Cruisers are like Lazy Days -- low production compared to Winnebago or other large rv manufacturers and owners don't give them up.   

I have to agree on the comfort and convenience of the twin beds in the 2551.  We had a Sprinter based motor home before this one and really disliked the sleeping arrangements and the scant carrying capacity.  Those twin beds in the PC are heaven after a day of hiking or fly fishing or biking.  And, the storage inside the PC is a major plus for us. 

All in all we are happy with our PC and give it a big thumbs up!
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 04:40:52 pm »

Hi Bob and welcome.
    A class B is a van that is converted to a camper. A few years ago the folks doing the conversion started removing the body of the van from the drivers seat back and replacing it with a wider body.
    A class C is built on a cut-away van chassis. The cab part with the engine, frame and everything that is needed to drive it comes from the truck manufacture. If you go to a RV factory you will see them drive this into the plant, where they will build the floor, walls and roof and place it on the chassis. They build a section that goes over the cab, where they normaly place a bed or a TV. For many years Trail Wagons made an RV called a Chinook on a cut-away van but with the over the cab section lined up with the windshield to improve the air flow. Chinook (they called it a class C) was a high end RV and the cost got way out of hand for most people. Along comes a trailer manufacture named Trail lite and they start copying the design and floor plan of the Chinook and making a lighter and less expensive motorhome. In order to make theirs different, they called it a class B+. For many years after this the argument about what is a class B and what is a class C went on and no one knew where to place this class B+. Was it a class B, not really. Was it a class C, some say a Class C is built on a cut-away with the overhead bed, some even said that it had to have dual rear wheels. So this new thing did not fit either class, lets just leave it as a class B+. It think it is really a class C minus.. Minus the overhead bed.  rolling on the floor

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
pyrthkr
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 04:52:04 pm »

We've had our 2008 2551 for a little < month but we drove it cross country from the pickup point & became intimate w/it by necessity.  We were looking at a more traditional small class A like the Via, View or Avanti but saw the PC @ a couple of RV shows (Phoenix & Pomona) & fell in love.  One of the selling points in dealing w/the factory (even though we eventually bought from a private owner) was that we weren't subject to the seemingly std sales pressure pitch.  Stuart just gave us the facts & worked the numbers w/o insulting our intelligence.  Like Gradygal - we love the twin beds & the full shower/sink/toilet in the back.  I might have gone for the dinette instead of the couch but that's a personal preference.  We have a slide & like the room but others are just as happy w/o it.  Overall, everything about the unit is done to a somewhat higher degree of quality than other RVs we saw & the factory really does help out where they can.  And this forum is a gold mine!  Enjoy your search!
 Wink cool ThumbsUp
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:46 am »

Bob, congratulations on deciding on the PC.  You won't regret your decision, and the people at PC in Elkhart are great.  What other company will stop what they're doing when you drive in unexpected with a problem and take whatever time and effort it takes to fix it.  Other places require an appointment and make you leave the unit with them.  They also have an electric hook-up in their parking lot that you can use.  When you're parked, be prepared to have people stop and look over your rig and ask questions.  One thing you might want to have checked is your headlight aiming.  On my current 2350 and my previous 2700, I was constantly getting oncoming traffic flashing thinking I had bright lights on.  I have a feeling the added weight of the mh on the chasis might bring the lights up slightly.  We live in the mountains of AZ (yes Arizona has mountains), and I'm going to check my lights aiming as soon as I can find 20' of level space.  Actually, I keep puting it off because I'd rather be going somewhere new--and besides, we usually stop early to enjoy wherever we are and very little night driving.  Congratulations, again, and we wish you many miles of happy adventures.
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 09:59:57 pm »

Hi Bob:

As usual, Tom Hanlon has the best description.  Welcome to our forum. Ask as many questions as you want.  I will guarantee that you will get lots of answers.. Wink

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: