NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2010, 04:27:32 pm »

We do a lot of driving in areas with poor radio reception.  A recent 700 mile journey through west TX up into SE NM offered few choices in radio listening.  We had finished the audio book and were bored with the music on our Ipods.  So, we got a Sirius Snap.  These are new portable Sirius/XM products and can be had from $20 to $60 depending on how you search.  Their low price and flexibility -- plus striking a good deal with Sirius on the monthly cost -- got us a bargain for sat radio.  the Snap plugs into the dash 10v and the aux cable outlet on the right.  We did not have to mount the antenna on the outside of the PC.  Reception is perfect with the antenna on the dash.  This makes the thing very portable.  Just thought I would pass this on
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 27
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 11:30:49 am »

I know what you mean about radio reception in West Texas and New Mexico.  We, too, got Sirius for areas like that, but now hardly ever use the regular radio anywhere.  Your setup sounds great--wish they had that when we added ours.  Two years ago, our best option was a removable Sirius unit mounted on a dock with the antenna mounted on the roof.  Our dock is mounted in the ash tray of the console and wired to the PC radio.  When we stop for the night, we take the Sirius unit out and put in a Sirius "boom box" to enjoy around the campfire.  Nothing like light jazz, a nice bottle of wine and sparkling stars to sooth away -- well, anything.  Just have to make sure the sound doesn't carry beyond our campsite.
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
PurchDate: 09/2011
IntColor: grey
ExtColor: full body night shadow
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 09:49:45 pm »

Paula:

I am confused.  According to your MH description you have a 2010.  Our 2010 Ford 2350 radio comes standard with  satellite reception.  You just have to call the Sat co and activate it.  Why would you have to buy a snap, cool as they are?

DJM

family is a passion...work is a requirement
2012 2552 full body paint(Phoenix # 2)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 10:07:30 am »

Alright you guys had me outside in this nice warm 25 degree weather   looking at my Ford radio. As you all know I have the 2010 E450 PC 2350. It does not have Sirius option on it. Only has CD/AM/FM1/FM2 options. DJM (wonder if you have a first name) must have gotten a special model for a special person. I didn't.
I wish it had Sirius as my wife and I both have it in our jeeps. She has been asking about getting it for the PC. The snap sounds interesting. Tomorrow I will have to call Sirius and ask about the cost of adding it to our subscription. It may show up under the Christmas tree.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 10:09:22 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 09:36:24 pm »

Tom:

Okay, now you got me wondering.  My kid tells me I have it and need to activate it, he is 12 and seems to understand the entertainment electronics. I will go out to the garage and check out the mh to see if he is right and get back to ya.The only thing special about me is the payment I make to the bank every month while my poor little baby(mH) is hibernating for the winter.  24 degrees outside and blowing snow as I type.

DJM

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 167
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 01:59:52 pm »

My wife and I must be getting old and getting cheap.  Sat-TV and Sat-Radio does not interest us as we just don't want more bills to pay.  For driving music in our 2007 2350 Cruiser, I replaced the original Ford single CD radio with the same style Ford 6-CD version.  I got it used off eBay for $60.  6 home made CDs hold nearly twice the store bought ones, so we probably have equivalent to 10 CDs of favorite songs when driving.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:02:37 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Al B

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: 12/15/10
ModelYear: 2011
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 11:20:59 pm »

We just drove our new 2011, 2350 home from Indiana, and the Ford stereo does not have a Sirius receiver installed. There is an input for an aftermarket module which requires removing the faux wood dash to access the rear of the stereo. I performed a similar procedure on our previous motor home (a Safari Trek), and I had to mount the antenna up above the head liner for good reception. I like the idea of the Sirius Snap you refer to; I also plan to look into the new iPhone App that would also allow simply plugging into the aux input on the front of the dash.
If you go to the Ford website, it appears the only way the chassis would come with Sirius is if the build includes the factory stereo that includes GPS.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 168
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 06:53:08 am »

Welcome Al B. Hope you enjoy your new PC and this forum. Both are great.  Yahoo!

In your profile there is a location field that gives all of us an idea where you are from. It would be nice if you entered it. It is kept as a general area or even just saying "on the road full timing".   Wink
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:56:59 am by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
mciai2000
SuperHero Member

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 10:15:23 pm »

ok all:

Sorry I got everyone all a twitter..I went out to the pole barn this weekend and checked on the MH.  Alas it does not have sat radio Cry.  That will have to be rectified. Al, welcome to our group, I think I will be working on the radio....

DJM

Jim Triplett

Helpful Rating: 1
________
PurchDate: April 4, 2014
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Grey
ExtColor: Dust
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 04:14:31 pm »

I just bought a 2552, 2014 from PC.  My radio was Sirius ready which meant that I had to buy the components from PC and have them installed plus the antenna ran to the top.  Total cost, $399.00.  I already have Sirius on my other two cars so I have a account.  The radio came with a 6 month free subscription.

Jim and Beverly Triplett
Charleston, WV
KB9OMH

Helpful Rating: 9
________
PurchDate: 3/26/13
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2013
IntColor: Maple
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 05:59:31 pm »

paula,
     I got lucky back in 2006, I had gotten a Roady add on for my car, it's a removeable head unit, that way I could use it in both cars. Then in 2008 XM radio at the time came out with a life time subscription, which I got, so you might call and see if they still have it. So I'm still switching the head from one car to the PC and back. When we were in New Foundland. it was great because you only got one station and it way mostly in French. Happy Travels.

jim & Rae Anne
BuffaloRose

Helpful Rating: 5
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 3/3/2014
ModelYear: 2010
________

Earl & Rose

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2014, 09:05:49 pm »

We have Sirius in our 2010 ford escape.  We only subscribe to travel link. Very inexpensive. It gives us weather and weather radar plus gas prices, sports, etc.  Would  like that in our PC.  Would be nice to be able to see storms, especially in spring through the tornado alley.  Don't always have a cell signal plus running weather radar eats our data plan. Does anyone know if that function is available after market?

BuffaloRose
Pax

Helpful Rating: 40
________
PurchDate: July
ModelYear: 2014
IntColor: Sunlit / Cherry
ExtColor: Sunlit
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 09:12:57 pm »

We asked for Sirius/XM-ready for our new PC.  Kermit installed the standard Ford radio with the additional Sirius Kit (plus antenna on the roof)

Ford Sirius Satellite Radio Kit - Model 4047456N

- Mike
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 45
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2014, 10:04:20 pm »

We had PC install a Sirius/XM radio with back-up camera in the radio mounted in the dash.  It is also a GPS with Rand McNally map system.  It is the first GPS/Map system designed for RV's.  It is a great system and having the back-up screen in the dash, no more hitting my head.
     Bob
Sparky
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 36
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: 12/12
ModelYear: 2008
Slide: No
________

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 11:02:49 am »

Wife and I love to have XM radio,,, also have a account with them.. I called and purchased a set from them for "free" with a contract. Had a radio/stero shop install, 85.00 bucks... If you look at my scan gauge picture installation, you can see where I had the radio installed on the cup holder area. We love having the radio. BTW,,,, keep the number to XM/Sirius to reset you radio,, I have learned that if you travel in different parts of the country you need to pick up the different signals,, so when we travel up North we do a reset on the radio
Sparky
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: