Poll
Question: How do you have your entertainment Center TV Linked?  (Voting closed: January 14, 2011, 01:58:03 pm)
Cable TV - 3 (30%)
Satellite [Dish, DirecTV, etc.] - 2 (20%)
Cable & Satellite - 1 (10%)
Analog antenna only - 4 (40%)
What entertainment center? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Entertainment Center Set Up  (Read 794 times)
pyrthkr
« on: December 15, 2010, 01:58:03 pm »

Please respond with what closest matches your Phoenix Cruiser set up. obliged
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 03:37:52 pm »

May I ask why you want to know?

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
pyrthkr
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 04:00:41 pm »

Sure Tom! 

Just canvassing the forum to help me decide what 2 do w/my 2008 2551.  Prior owners had some sort of sat tv (there's a winegard on top awa the raisable batwing) & now their receiver box is obviously removed leaving a jumble of cables.  Been reading mixed reviews of sat & cable.  Experienced about half & half of RV parks having cable when we came across from PA 2 AZ last mo.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 04:50:59 pm »

As most PCs, my 2007 2350 is wired for external cable TV input, (mine located at driver's side near 110v pole power input) and also with the Wingard roof-top antenna.  The only other variation I've seen is SAT-TV (the big rooftop dome) instead of the rooftop Winegard.

TomHanlon suggested I try adding the Winegard Wingman to improve reception.  It arrived just yesterday.  I paid $30 delivered.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 05:35:30 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
pyrthkr
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »

The wingman rvws I've read appear to be overwhelmingly positive Ron.  Let me know how yours goes. 

As for the jumble of wires in my entertainment center; I'm still trying to decide what to hook up [clarification - we have the Wingard rotating dome antenna awa the batwing].

shrug
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 05:31:01 pm »

Just like Ron's, mine has the cable hookup next to the water and electric hook up and a Winegard batwing on the roof. The current batwings come with the wingman as part of it. I had the option of getting a rather huge sat. dome on my little 2350. I did not like the look of it and the way it stuck out over the cab section. On my last motorhome I had a sat. dome installed and it worked most of the time except when I parked under the trees and during heavy rains. The motorhome also had the batwing which was good for getting the local channels with the news and weather that I could not get from the sat.

When I got my wingman I spent an afternoon vewing each channel and making a list with how good the picture was both before and after installing the wingman. I live in the country with some pretty bad recption, so it was easy to see the improvement of the digital signal. I even picked up three channels that I still do not know where they came from. They had foregin news on them so they could of been from a local private station in Washington DC.

I now see a smaller sat. dome at Camping World, but I kind of like not having so much TV while I should be outside camping and enjoying the world.   Grin So i don't know if I will get one or not.

Tom Hanlon
lmichael

Helpful Rating: 28
________
PurchDate: May 15, 2012
IntColor: Sterling
ExtColor: Sterling
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:35:12 pm »

If I'm in a campground that has good cable programming, I use only it since that's the easiest.  If there's no cable (or it's really bad), I use a combination of my Wingard roof antenna for local channels and directv for everything else.  This does require switching the cable from the satellite receiver to the internal booster, but that's not a problem (would be even easier if I installed a switch, but I'm too lazy).  When I connect my satellite receiver, the front tv is on satellite and the back tv is on the Wingard antenna.  Instead of spending money for the fancy roof mounted or carryout dishes, I found a discarded directv dish (they can also be found in thrift stores for around $5) and built my own moveable base that allows quick setup.  I described this (probably in too much detail) under the "Wingard Carryout Satellite Dish" topic.  I also added the Wingman to my antenna, and it significantly enhanced my antenna reception.  Now if I could only remember to lower that antenna...
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 07:45:07 am »

Michael, we clip a clothes pin to the handle of the crankup. When ever we crank it up, we put the clothes pin on the gear shift. I have yet (I was going to say never but) driven off with the antenna up.

Tom Hanlon
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 08:23:22 am »

If you like gadgets, you can buy little bright colored plastic signs with a clip on them to hang on your antenna crank that reminds you to crank up your antenna.  We have one and clip it on whenever we use the antenna. It is very visible and I doubt you would miss it.  You can get these at Camping World and most any large RV shop.
Barry-Sue
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 319
________
PurchDate: 10/17/11
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 06:35:08 pm »

We use a portable SAT dish for direct tv when we do not have good reception or cable at the campground.  We have direct tv at home so we just take along one of the receivers.  If we are gone for an extended length and the campground has cable we just call up direct tv and suspend our service.

Barry and Sue

Barry and Sue 
Current   2012 2551 w/Slide
Previous 2008 2350 w/Slide
NLK

Helpful Rating: 15
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: August 2010
ModelYear: 2008
IntColor: Cherry / Gray
ExtColor: Gray full paint
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2010, 09:30:16 am »

I am so worried about driving off with my antenna up that this is what I do ... When I raise the antenna, I hang my ignition key from the antenna crank handle.  My key chain has a ring with a quick release with just the ignition key on it.  After cranking down my antenna, I snap my key back on the key chain. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: