NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2010, 06:42:35 pm »

Does the 2551 come standard with a sofa in the slide?  In the options it has "Sofa ilo Dinette - Available On All Models except 2552"

Another Question, "Slide Out With Sofa - Available On All Models except 2552 (standard on 2910)"

Leather Regular Sofa, these are confusing.

Generally how do you all feel about?

Insulated Glass,  Mirror w/Compass & Outside Temp,  Back Up Monitor,  Automatic Satellite Dish

I have been surfing the net, watched the production video and must say this looks like the best unit out there!    billy

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 02:16:59 am »

Billy,
    We have the first 2552 which was a 2551 that we needed an extra length to add a third automotive seat behind the passenger seat.  PC came up with the solution to add one foot to the length of the coach.  On our 2552 we have a slide with a sofa and between the sofa and refrig. is a slideout pantry, all part of the overall slideout.  Can not answer the confusion on the dinette and sofa situation.  A call to Stuart would easily clarify the situation.  On the other items, I would recommend the insul. glass, the mirror compass and outside temp., and the backup monitor.  As far as the Satellite Dish, I believe that would be a personal preference.  For us, most parks have cable TV and if not then it gives us more time to read or go for a walk.  Just my thoughts. 
      Bob
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 193
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 09:22:07 am »

Billy wants to know how we feel about "Insulated Glass,  Mirror w/Compass & Outside Temp,  Back Up Monitor,  Automatic Satellite Dish".
    For me with only two large windows and two small windows the cost was not worth what I would benfit by having them. The cab windows are not insulated and they let most of the cold/heat in anyway. My old Winne had them and after about 5 to 6 years the seal broke on several allowing them to fog up.
    The Mirror w/compass and Outside temp, my Garimin and my wife both tell me where to go, so no need for a addional compass. If I want to know the temp, I open a window. The cost of this option put three tanks of gas in the motorhome.
    Back up Monitor is a must have as it is the only way to see directly behind you when backing into a campsite or parking space. Also needed to see the towed car, if you plan on towing. Mine is always on.
    The Satellite dish is optional. I had one on the last motorhome and felt I watched to much TV instead of being out doors. The dish was to big to fit well on the 2350, so I did not get it. Winegard now has a smaller dish available. Who knows, I may change my mine someday, but for now the cable at the campgrounds are doing the trick. You will still need to get the local channels for a cable or off the air.
 Have a nice day.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 10:05:51 am »

I bought my 2551 used, so I didn't get to choose, but can give you my opinions.  As for insulated glass, I have it on my house and it is great at home.  As noted, much of the heat load on the PC comes from the cab windows and windshield and from the engine as it cools down.  We always use the heavy external wrap around shade when we park for more than one night, so that helps.  That said, when you camp in Texas in 98 degree weather you wish you had more insulation. I think everyone just has to do their own cost value comparison.  We have a small high velocity fan that we use to move air around which makes a big difference.
As far as the mirror/compass/thermometer is concerned, I have one and it's nice to have, but for what it costs on a new unit, I would have trouble going for it.  On the 2551 you can see out the rear window, but it is elevated and you don't see the road.  As noted, you can buy a cheap inside outside thermometer and use your GPS for direction and save the cost of the mirror.
I, too, believe the rear view monitor is a necessity.  I often back into my storage building and would find it difficult without the monitor.  I also keep my eye on my toad with it.  In addition, the one I have is very wide angle and covers lanes to the right and left of the PC right up to the back where it is mounted.
The satellite antenna is purely a matter of choice. I watch a lot of TV at home, but don't on the road.  Many of the campgrounds we use are so heavily forested I doubt you could get anything anway.  We just load up our Kindles and pack a stack of DVDs.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 11:38:39 am »

We have the insulated glass on our 2007 2350.  We Love It!  Our old motor home did not have insulated glass.  When camping at high altitude or off season, the cold air always radiated down on our heads at night.  Now in the PC2350 with insulated glass, that is 90-95% eliminated, no longer needing to wear our hoodies at night.  On hot summer days, the RV stays cooler too.  Yes the cab up front is a big temperature leaker, but it's up front, opposite our bed.  We close the bedroom door/privacy curtian which greatly helps on cold nights.

I feel the back-up monitor is extremely important to have.  If it avoids one mishap, it more than paid for itself.  Just don't rely solely on it if you can.  Have your spouce outside watching & directing.  Our backup camera has both sight and sound.  I can hear her directions along with seeing her hand signals.  It's trees, low hanging tree branches, and big log pegs that need watching.

I do not have the compass and outside temp.  I kind-of wished we got it as I am not into GPS.  GPS is my wife's thing, not mine.  Give me a big Rand McNally Road Atlas and I am good.

We avoid subscriptions to extras like SAT TV, Sirus, etc. to keep our life expenses lower.  None of that will be found in our house or motor home, so don't benchmark any of this off me.  At home, we got cable TV for the first time 6 years ago, and it's the most basic package.  Our cell phones are also basic with texting disabled.  Our RV TVs utilize DVDs brought from home.  We barely utilize the roof antenna or cable TV from an RV park.  TV is great when camping early or late in the season when the sun goes down sooner.  That or on poor weather days.

About the couch versus the dinette.  In a slideout, the dinette is very tiny.  Without a slideout the dinette is friendly.  So if I got a slideout, I would get the couch.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:20:54 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:30:04 pm »

Thanks all, I emailed Stuart and he has in stock a 2551. I've been bugging him about it and he finally said, CALL ME" I can be a pain in the a__ sometime.   pulling hair out  There is a question I could ask here, could someone tell me, Whats the distance in a 2551 from the back of the drivers seat to the wall by the sofa? I need to lay this out for my wife to visualize. I am going to call but need to do this wife my bride, like you said Ron, Happy Wife, Happy Life. Although Sharon told me, I just want you happy, BUT this will be our last RV for awhile, RIGHT?      Smile 

ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:39:40 pm »

Driver seat to wall by sofa?  I assume you are wondering what the clearence is between the driver seat and the slideout when brought in while driving.  Others will surely chime in as I cannot help there.  But I can say it's a lot of space, enough to build a small storage cabinet.  I see some PCs with a cabinet there to utilize that dead space.

A PC without a slideout, there is no dead space is seen here with my no-slide 2350.  That is how the dinette becomes so much bigger without a slideout.  It utilizes the angled transition wall between the cab and RV walls.  Look close at the pic and you can see the dinette ends half way into that angled wall behind it.  It is also noticed in the no-slide floorplan.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:18:38 pm by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »

I'll call Stuart. From the back of the drivers seat to the wall where the frig is. I'll admit I am not all that good with words.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: