Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Carbon Monoxide Detector  (Read 656 times)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2010, 04:08:33 pm »

Merry Christmas to one and all.

While waiting for the big Christmas dinner I was watching RVTV. They were talking about carbon monoxide detectors. I did not recall seeing one in my PC2350. I went out to the motorhome and can not find one. I am wondering why PC did not install one and if maybe my motorhome was just missed. Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your motorhome? Was it installed by PC or you? Does anyone have a recomendation on which band/model is best? I understand it should be made for RVs.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
lghjr
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 41
________
OwnPC: No
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: Used to own a 2700
Model: 2700
ModelYear: 2007
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 04:25:00 pm »

I believe, with out going to check that my CO detector is on the ceiling, in front of the smoke detector by a foot or so.  The specific gravity of CO is ~.96 so I guess the ceiling is the best place.  In the other MH we had it was about head level close to the bed, which would place it roughly 24-30 inches from the floor. Don't have a clue as to which is the correct placement.  Our house has one at about 30 inches.  Maybe the Company could weigh in with reasoning and correct placement? Thanks.

L. G.
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 180
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 09:13:12 am »

On my 2007, I have two detectors, smoke and carbon monoxide.  Both are round, mounted to the ceiling.

I think I even have a propane detector, thinking it may be mounted low on the rear corner bed.  I'll have to double check that.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
pyrthkr
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:48:48 am »

Happy Holidays Tom & everyone! 
 Wink
On our 2008 2551, the detector is fwd of the smoke detector, on the ceiling, roughly between the entertainment center cabinets.  I'll run out to the unit & check the model later because we ended up disconnecting it due to incessant activation in the very early am hrs for no apparent  - so I wouldn't be recommending it.  It would easily reset per the instructions & then stay quiet but it still got to be a real pain in the a## even after battery changes.  Another note:  when we picked up our PC, both the smoke & carbon monoxide detectors were not installed & we found them in one of the kitchen drawers.
JackD

Helpful Rating: 24
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:28:47 pm »

On this subject, does anyone know if the propane detector will activate on a low battery?  Mine activated and the reset di not shut it off.

Thanks,

Jack
pyrthkr
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 04:05:21 pm »

Hello again Tom.  Some models have a low battery signal as well as an "End of Life" signal [I guess the alarm function wears out?].  shrug
Usually, the EOL signal is tied to ~60 months of use.  I just replaced the apparently defective factory provided one in my 2008 2551 w/First Alert Carbon Monoxide detector w/signals noted above & everything seems to be fine now.  I may have got a lemon on the factory one.
 Woot!
Off to McDowell Mt Park tomorrow.
 Wink
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2010, 02:17:15 pm »

I went out to check my 2011 PC 2552 and found the fire and smoke detector mounted on the ceiling where it should be.  I also found my carbon monoxide and propane detector mounted in the bed area about a foot off the floor where it should be.  The carbon monoxide and propane detector are integrated in one unit and mine is white in color.
     Bob
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 190
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:22 pm »

Thank you Bob. I just went out to the motorhome and sure enough the LP detector is also for carbon monoxide. It is made by Atwood. I know I should have called Stuart, as he would have know about this. On my 2350 it is down by the floor on the side of the bed, in the corner between the bed and the bathroom door. Everything I have read about carbon monoxide detectors says that they should be mounted up high on the wall or on the ceiling.

Yesterday I ordered a digital carbon monoxide model by Atwood. It should be here next week sometime as it is coming all the way across the country. I think I will go ahead and install it on the ceiling either up in front of the a/c or over the rear bed. The digital display tells you how much carbon monoxide is present rather than waiting for it to accumulate until it sets off the alarm. I probably will not check it like I should but it will still sound the alarm when needed. It is nice to know I can use it both ways.

Again thank you for your help.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 04:36:02 pm by TomHanlon » Logged

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: