Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Eclipse/Tom-Tom  (Read 408 times)
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
Slide: Yes
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:02 am »

I have been attempting to uitlize some of the features of the Tom Tom/Eclipse unit thru the Tom Tom Home desk top product...like traffic alerts, etc.  You must have and "access code" to get into the features section of the web page.  I have put every darn number I can find including from the back of the unit, on the CD sleeve, on the box with all the manuels, etc...none of them work.  There was no code card with the unit that I can find, and despite the info I have found describing where the code number should be from my web search my numbers just do not work.  Just give me a Garmin!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 02:27:02 pm »

I don't know for sure, but I believe traffic and other items are options you have to pay for through Tom Tom.  I was having problems trying to use this unit and went on the Eclipse web site and found some help.  This is probably why PC has stopped using these units.  They are not listed on the site for estimating the cost of  a new unit like they used to be.  Love my Garmins.
      Bob
ragoodsp

Helpful Rating: 37
________
PurchDate: May 5, 2012
Model: 3100
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: cafe
ExtColor: cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 03:59:46 pm »

Thanks for your reply Bob; there are certain services that do have a fee conneted to them like traffic but I still think I am missing some feaures that I "think" are free?  What a pain!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: