Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rock n Roll and dome TV  (Read 726 times)
billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
Slide: Yes
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2011, 02:08:36 pm »

How does the cruiser do for movement while park. (in camp rounds) is the much movement, rock n roll?

Did anyone have a dome for tv installed. what kind and how does it work. We have a low profile King Dome and it stinks. bill

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
pyrthkr
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 04:44:27 pm »

Hi Billy!  Hope your holidays were enjoyable. 

I do have the Winegard dome [came w/the PC 2551 when I bought it used] but I haven't hooked it up yet & may not [how many channels do you really need?  And I  like to see the area; not sit in the RV]. 

The batwing seems to be working fine at the places we've stayed & so far, I can't justify the added monthly expense of satellite/dish/direct/whatever.  Based on other posts on this forum & elsewhere, I did get the Winegard Wingman to improve the batwing reception & it did as advertised - getting that last 25% or so of the UHF signal - only ~$20 on sale at Campers World. 
 ThumbsUp
Good luck in your search!
 Wink
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 183
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »

Billy, the best thing you can do to improve ride, handling and the bouncing when sitting still is to have the Bilstein Heavy duty shocks put on your motorhome, IMHO. I got mine from eshocks.com. The Ford shocks are not very strong.

The wingman comes on the new antennas as standard. Between the off the air and the cable at most campgrounds, I do not feel the need for sat. TV. My last motorhome had it and when I parked at a campground the most important thing was not to be under any trees or near anything that would block the sat. Now I don't worry about it, I  park where I want.

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:47:08 pm »

I told Sharon when we were ready to start RVing I would two things she wanted, DirecTV and a phone with no limit. The rock n rolling is when not driving. We can feel each other when we move about the coach. billy

bobander
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 133
________
PurchDate: April 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2010
IntColor: Classic Umber
ExtColor: Classic Umber
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 12:32:40 am »

Billy,

I thought my 2551 was fine when parked and I just put the stiffer Roadmaster anti-sway bars on and now it is even less motion when parked.  I haven't driven it yet with the new anti-sway bars, too much snow, thank goodness it fits in my garage.  Probably the first test drive will be when we dig it out to head for Quartzite in a few weeks.

Bob

2010  PC 2551
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 177
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 11:17:44 am »

With front and rear heavy duty sway bars, our 2007 2350 rocks and rolls very little when parked.  Of coarse, the same benefits are felt when driving.

HD sway bars are a 2-fold advantage over stock.  I highly recommend them as all motor homes, regardless of brand and model, are loaded to near the max load rating of the chassis.  Heavy duty sway bars are not over-kill.  Actually having the stock sway bars is an severe under rated condition.  All Ford E350 and E450 front sway bars are the same one used in the E150 passenger van.  It just isn't doing much for a chassis loaded 6 fold.  The rear bar has a similar story.

About the Ford E350/E450 OEM shocks.......they are the same used on the Ford E250 van, so how well are they suited for the task of a motor home weighing 5 times that?

The deficiencies go on and on.  The steering stabilizer too.  That is why I always say a mouthful when it comes to Ford suspension upgrades.  We upgraded our 2007 E350 suspension in all these areas plus adding a rear trac bar.  If all that prevents one accident, it paid for itself 10 fold.

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
billy
SuperHero Member

________
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 04:11:48 pm »

Ron, I can agree with you 100%. I've work as a mechanic for years and very seldom see anyone beef up the suspension.

Image this, a square piece of jello on a plate, move the plate and watch the jello. Wiggles back and forth, my coach does this How about the Cruiser?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 04:16:45 pm by billy » Logged

JackD

Helpful Rating: 23
________
PurchDate: May 2012
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: Platinum
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14:31 am »

Like Bobander I had anti sway bars added and notice a difference sitting still in the shed.  Will be driving "south" in a few weeks for the real road test, but so far am real happy.  I do plan to get heavier shocks and other adders in the future as finances permit.  As the others have said, I think any of the additions to the suspension offer an improvement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: