Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: how to get tv out? and sealants used on roof and side seams?  (Read 1424 times)
cbert

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:25 pm »

hi-  checking to see if someone has a similar tv setup as i am thinking of buying a new one.  just want to get it out.  have a 2006 23.50 and front tv is enclosed with a padded "U" shaped enclosure covering both sides and the bottom.  unable to see inside the side cabinets to get to it-maybe i just snap/yank it out?  don't dare try w/o advice.  also have a call into phoenix usa but no response yet.

a couple other questions while i'm here.  am replacing my ladder (i scrunched it-ouch) and wondering if anyone knows what sealant is used on the roof to seal it (and to seal all other areas one the roof also.)

i have read on the web something about using some different kind of sealant or side seams also.  anyone have any knowledge of this?

are our roofs fiberglass or vinyl?  (you can see my knowledge is very limited but am trying to learn.)

oh heck-while i'm at it.  i've been experiencing a leak fairly regularly in the back end right side (as you face the rv from the front) in the rear corner of the corner bed and strangly enough, the water ends up in the storage compartmant on that side and even puddles in there sometimes.  a friend and i  have done some resealing on the roof and back side seams and did almost completely stop it for a while.  it even wet the bedding and mattress in that corner on its way down before we sealed.  anyway, the leak is back but is making it past the bed and somehow inside the ceiling maybe and the wall, wends its way down to the bottom.  anyone get water in that area?

thanks for any help.  connie b.
aimee
Administrator
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 61
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
Model: 2100
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 02:53:38 pm »

Nobody knows the answer to Connie's question? With all the resourceful do-it-yourselfers we have here, I figured someone would know! Help

Aimee, Webmistress
Terri E

Helpful Rating: 1
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:01 pm »

I removed the 19 inch tv and replaced it with a 26 inch tv.  The U shaped panel is held in place with some screws which can be accessed from inside the cabinet.  Once the U shaped piece is removed you will have access to the tv and will be able to remove that.  The 26 inch LCD fits in the space neatly without use of any padded panel. 
geomusic

Helpful Rating: 2
________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 10:33:09 am »

Hi, Connie. I believe if you take hold of the sides of the TV and push up, the TV will slide up and out of the mount that holds it in place. Once you have it up a bit, I think you'll need to lean it toward you to clear the slanted ceiling. Whatever you do, don't try to "snap/yank it out." I'm thinking of replacing my TV as well and fiddled with it a bit. It does seem to slide up.

The roof is fiberglass. The caulk I use is called Dicor (they have self-leveling and non-leveling that can be shaped). It can be purchased at most RV service departments. As to your leak, notice if that is where your AC runoff drains to when you're parked. That can create some interesting leaks. You may also want to (carefully) get on the roof and check out any nearby roof openings (vents, fans, etc.) to see if there may be a crack around a seam. Your leak could be there, seeping under the roof, running toward a low point and falling from there.

These RVs are fun but full of mystery challenges...

Good luck.    George

hi-  checking to see if someone has a similar tv setup as i am thinking of buying a new one.  just want to get it out.  have a 2006 23.50 and front tv is enclosed with a padded "U" shaped enclosure covering both sides and the bottom.  unable to see inside the side cabinets to get to it-maybe i just snap/yank it out?  don't dare try w/o advice.  also have a call into phoenix usa but no response yet.

a couple other questions while i'm here.  am replacing my ladder (i scrunched it-ouch) and wondering if anyone knows what sealant is used on the roof to seal it (and to seal all other areas one the roof also.)

i have read on the web something about using some different kind of sealant or side seams also.  anyone have any knowledge of this?

are our roofs fiberglass or vinyl?  (you can see my knowledge is very limited but am trying to learn.)

oh heck-while i'm at it.  i've been experiencing a leak fairly regularly in the back end right side (as you face the rv from the front) in the rear corner of the corner bed and strangly enough, the water ends up in the storage compartmant on that side and even puddles in there sometimes.  a friend and i  have done some resealing on the roof and back side seams and did almost completely stop it for a while.  it even wet the bedding and mattress in that corner on its way down before we sealed.  anyway, the leak is back but is making it past the bed and somehow inside the ceiling maybe and the wall, wends its way down to the bottom.  anyone get water in that area?

thanks for any help.  connie b.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: