Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Replaced Our Barrel Chair With A 3rd Captain Seat  (Read 9408 times)
bigbadjc

Helpful Rating: 28
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: Used
PurchDate: February 2010
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2006
Slide: Yes
________

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »

I think Tom has given a good summary of the replace the sofa or not argument.  One thing that I wonder about is just what could you fit in?  I have a 2006 2551 that has the jacknife sofa and I believe that it is a 54" full size bed, not a queen.  Looking at lounge chairs and captains chairs make me wonder if you could fit two of them side by side in the slide out, or would you be forced to use smaller chairs like barrel chairs or upright chairs with ottomans.  I'm not planning to do any changing on the sofa so I haven't measured, but it sure seems to me it could be a tight fit.  Does anybody know anyone who personally had the sofa replaced with two chairs??

Jerry
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 179
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2011, 10:03:19 pm »

Jerry,

Given we don't have a slideout, I cannot measure myself.  Get out your tape measure and see if my captain seat dimensions x2 below will work.

With armrests folded up, it measures 25.0" wide (the widest point).  1/2" less when folded down.  If ordered without armrests, it would measure 20.5" wide.  You will also need to consider some space in between, and also swiveling action if that is a requirement.  If you mount them on NON-swivel pedistal bases, maybe you could get enough dead space in between two seats to add a small dinette table.

What is the interior width open area of both the older and newer (with fridge) slide outs?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:44:54 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: