Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2552 Mods/Improvements #3  (Read 848 times)
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 45
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:15:18 am »

Last group.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:38:52 pm by aimee » Logged
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 08:51:00 pm »

Hello there.  Viewed your improvements and managed to get a lot of good ideas.  I noticed that you have a clock mounted in your slideout.  I bought one almost identical to it yesterday and am trying to figure out the best way to mount it.  Did you put a screw into the side of the slideout or did you stick it on there with something?  Thanks for your help.

Margie
gl1500

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 02:12:47 am »

Margie,
   The wall is thick enough to put a screw in it.  After putting a screw in the wall, I then put a piece of self stick velcro on the clock and the opposite piece on the wall so it remains stationary and does not try to swing.  If you have a 2551 or 2552 and most any of the units with the door and drawer storage on the outside, I have found the area inside the coach adjacent to this area gets very cold in the winter.  My inside area is a large closet and here in N. Idaho I opened the closet and found very cold area.  Pictures attached show I lined the outside storage area with one inch construction foam which has a plastic cover on both sides.  And rather than put an insulation on the ceiling of the outside storage area, I put 2 inch thick construction foam on the floor of the closet.  After cutting to size I covered the top and sides with aluminum tape to protect the foam.  I then placed a sheet of the drawer liner non-skid over the aluminum.  Dramatic improvement in the reduction of cold migrating to the inside of the coach.  Probably the same for keeping heat out.  If you have a 2551 or 2 and want to know where your wiring or plumbing is, let me know.  PC was kind enough to allow me to photograph a unit in construction when we were at the factory. Picture 1040 is the outside compartment and it does prevent raising the floor up for tall items, but I never intend to raise it up.  The picture 1089 and 1090 is inside the rear closet.
    Bob
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:39:22 pm by aimee » Logged
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 01:59:11 pm »

Bob, thank you so much for your information.  Lots of good advice and it is appreciated.  We have the little 2350 Sprinter and I keep attempting to stretch it out to a larger motorhome.  Some of your ideas will definitely help.  We are in San Jose, CA but have visited Idaho a few times now as one of my best friends lives in Idaho Falls.   

I believe you are the person who showed pictures of the clothes hangers that are being used as towel bars in the shower.  If so, thanks for that idea as well.  My husband installed those this week.  I'm sure they will be a huge improvement over my suction hooks that kept falling down. 

Margie
gl1500

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 09:57:44 pm »

Margie,
    Thanks for the feedback.  I am glad you are able to use some of these ideas.  After forty years of camping and experimenting with trailers, motorhomes and motorcycle camping, I am always looking for ways to be more efficient with useable space.  We had a Roadtrek Sprinter motorhome a few years back.  We had problems with the engine turbo-charger plastic resonator.  We were stuck in the mountains with essentially no power.  Moving about five miles an hour.  It appears they have fixed that problem.  Other than that the Mercedes diesel ran fine.  Lots of power in a little engine and better fuel mileage.  Enjoy your unit.
      Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: