Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2552 Mods/Improvements /Captions  (Read 2145 times)
gl1500

Helpful Rating: 54
________
OwnPC: Yes
NewUsed: New
PurchDate: May. 2014
Model: 2551
ModelYear: 2551/2014
Slide: Yes
IntColor: Hickory
ExtColor: Cafe'
________

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:53:32 am »

Captions did not transfer, so will add here by picture DSC #.
DSC01006-Table with short legs as an ottoman w/out cushion done.
DSC01007-2552 w/third seat behind passenger.
DSC01008-Indoor/outdoor thermometer.  Sent to PC and they installed.  Hole through wall for sensor outside under awning.
DSC01009-Electric cord w/strip so no wires dangling over counter and plugged into outlet below sink.
DSC01011-Moved sink light forward and added paper towel holder.
DSC01012-Cabinet over sink. Added shelf with aluminum edge and a battery LED light.
DSC01013-Had PC add wood rail on "wings"/we added coat/hat rack.
DSC01014-Cabinet behind driver, we added a place to hang keys when not being used.
DSC01015-We had PC put in a much more efficient water pump.  PC added an opening, valve and hose so you can pump antifreeze directly into the system.  Under the curb side bed.
DSC01016-Towel holder in shower, one on each side.
DSC01017-Towel holder w/o towel/holder folded up.
DSC01018-Towel holder on sliding door for wash cloths.
DSC01020-Had PC add a mid shelf in bathroom cabinet.
DSC01021-Added hand towel holder on door.
DSC01022-Added two towel holders to kitchen cabinets.  Plug for electrical strip visible.
DSC01023-Drink holder for third seat.
DSC01025-Added LED light and had PC insulate behind wallboard in compts. above driver and passenger seats.
DSC01027-PC added a slide-out pantry between refrig. and couch.
DSC01028-Added insulated cushions in overhead vent areas.  Major heat loss area.
DSC01029-Had PC update one fan area to a Max Fan w/remote control.  Can be left open in rain as it provides a weatherproof cover when open or closed.  Also, can bring air in or exhaust air.
DSC01030-Added cup holders.  Black bag holds electric razor.  Pump on left is soap. Behind soap on wall is holder for wife's electric toothbrush.
DSC01031-Had PC add a drawer in clothes cabinet at foot of bed.  For wife's jewelry, computer, etc.
DSC01032-Atomic clock.  No setting required.
Not shown is a small fire proof safe securely bolted in place for items needed to be secured.
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 189
________
PurchDate: 11/11/11
Model: 2552
ModelYear: 2012
IntColor: Cherry
ExtColor: full paint Cafe
________

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 08:17:22 am »

Really nice job of the mods. Great pictures also. Thank you.

Now I have at least two new project after the third captains chair, we maybe I will start them before it gets here. I really like the electric in the kitchen and the rails on the wings. I have not been able to find the rails anywhere around Maryland. Some of the others I have already done or had PC do them. What is your feeling about the short legs for the table now that you have lived with it for a while? I have two dogs, a 80lbs lab and an oversized German Shepherd at 125 lbs. So floor space is at a premium for us and taking up that much might be a problem, but it does look interesting. I am guessing it could be used as a footrest for both the sofa and the third captains chair, am I right?

Tom Hanlon
Current PC 2012 2552 Full paint Cafe
First PC 2010 2350 Full paint Umbra
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

Helpful Rating: 181
________
PurchDate: June 2007
Model: 2350 Ford
ModelYear: 2007
Slide: No
IntColor: Cherry&Green
ExtColor: FullBody Gray
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:00:14 am »

Thanks Bob for sharing those ideas.

I too like the railings on the wings, but I would prefer solid railings so tiny things can be dumped up there, like when I empty out my pockets of keys, coins and my wedding band at the end of the day.  But your spindled railing will surely hold a box of tissues which is a great place for that.

Where did you find the mini fold-up towel racks for the shower area?  Those look interesting.  Are they mounted with two-sided tape?

I bought those fold-up cup holders but mine are brown to match our cherry finish woodwork.  They were intended for the bedroom area on the wood wall when watching TV in bed.  But I never did mount them.  I like your white fold-up cup holder on the wingwall for the 3rd passenger.  If I find one, I'll have to do that.

The paper towel rack over the kitchen sink......That has always been a lacking neccesity.  I'll have to measure-up and see what it takes to mount the light forward and towel rack against the window valance.

Thanks Again!
Ron

Ron Dittmer (wife Irene) 2007 Model 2350 Without A Slideout
Our Rig Is Available For Viewing Any Time Of Year In Dundee, IL
Stored At Home In Our Heated Garage (Well-Lit & Warm Comfort In Winter)
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 11:20:55 am »

After using a standup paper towel holder for many months, we just purchased a wall mounted one. I mounted it on the side of the range hood with a couple of bolts and nuts. It is at a 90 degree angle from Bob's mount. I did not think about or have to move the light. Just a different way of mounting it.

Your cup holder is not to be found around here. At least I can not find one. If you know where to get one, please let me know.

Tom Hanlon
gl1500

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 05:20:28 pm »

I will try to answer questions on the Mods/improvements.  The rails on the wings can be purchased at Lowes or Home Depot, at least that is where we saw them.  The rails are attached by screws at the ends and not the bottom.  PC stained them to match interior wood.  
     The table/ottoman has not been used for the third seat yet, but I am sure it will work with the slide-out in, but not sure with it out, might be a stretch.  
     Moving the light over the sink is an easy task.  Take cover off, unscrew light from cabinet and you will find, at least in my unit, plenty of wire to relocate.  Drill a new hole where you want to relocate the light, use a wire to fish the existing wire to the new hole.  Be sure to turn power off while doing this and keep caps on the wires for extra precaution.  Re-attach wires and screw fixture to cabinet in new location.  Now there is plenty of room to install a paper towel holder and it is away from the stove.
     I forgot to add two photos of important items:  Picture #39 is a tissue holder over wife's bed(allergies). Picture #35 is TP holder.  Picture #37 is the routing of the heat duct to the kitchen.  Picture #38 is the routing of the duct under the platform holding the water tank where it is compressed between the platform and a large wire harness.  Picture #33 is hard to see, but I relocated the wire harness (visible at top of picture with red,white and blue wires) relieving the compression restriction on the duct.  I removed the wire harness clamp and moved it more inboard allowing full air flow.  Picture #34 is a better picture of the clear plastic hose from the valve which allows direct pumping of anti-freeze material in to the fresh water system
     On the cup holders, they are available in white and other colors through JR Products (p/n 03-0668) and ITC (p/n 03-1024 81405.  On the clothes rod used for towels in the shower, it is listed as Clothes Rod-Collapsible (p/n 03-0964) and available in lengths of 12", 16" and 24".  All these items were purchased at a regular RV store.
     One other thing is the closet in the rear of the 2551/2552.  It is over the outside storage area on the curb side.  When it is cold out, you open the closet doors and it is like opening a freezer.  There needs to be insulation on the floor of the closet, and the forward and inside walls.  I removed the bed board and found it is not possible after construction. Will try to add solid foam insulation in the storage compartment.
     Just curious Ron, why do you take off your wedding band at the end of the day.  In 46 years mine has only been off when I had open heart surgery and they would not let me leave it on.  Ron, you also asked me to let you know if I found a way to insulate in the forward overhead compartments.  I did.  I bought a new unit and had PC add the insulation during construction.  Not a cheep fix.
   Bob

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:44:13 pm by aimee » Logged
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 07:29:15 pm »

Just curious Ron, why do you take off your wedding band at the end of the day.  In 46 years mine has only been off when I had open heart surgery and they would not let me leave it on.
I kept my wedding band on from the day I got married until the the day our first child was born which happened to be 5 years to the day of our wedding.  Once the hospital forced me to break that tradition, I had no trouble taking it off.  Somewhere along the way it came off nightly and "That's all I can say about that."  (quote from the movie.....).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:18:21 am by ron.dittmer » Logged

TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 10:31:27 am »

"DSC01009-Electric cord w/strip so no wires dangling over counter and plugged into outlet below sink."

Yesterday I went to Home Depot a bought an electric strip with a 8 foot cord by Belkin. It came with the cord coming out the top with an on/off switch also on the top. No lights on the strip, which we think is a good thing as we don't need anymore night lights. I mounted it in the same location as Bob did except I decieded to run the cord up through a hole behind the microwave and plug it into the microwaves plug box. In the end it worked out but drilling the hold large enough for the new swival plug as a bear. I did not have a hole bit, just a 1 3/8" drill bit. Then I pulled the microwave out and plugged into the box. I am sure that Bob's way would have been much easier. Anyway the project is done and my DW is very happy with it.

Thank you Bob for the idear.  ThankYou

Tom Hanlon
gl1500

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 02:08:20 am »

Ron,
    I forgot about the mounting of the towel racks in the shower.  They are mounted with screws.  The holes are already in the racks, so I just drilled in to the wall.  The holes and screws are sealed upon installation.  Also, the top and sides of the racks are sealed, but not the bottom.  Just in case some moisture gets behind the rack. 
    P.S., my wife straightened me out on my wedding band.  Working on military aircraft in electrical and electronics, you never wear jewelry around electricity.  So, for 30 years it was not on while at work.  We had an unfortunate accident that reinforced the reason not to wear jewelry at work.  We had a fellow working on top of a helicopter on jacks so it was a long way to the floor.  He slipped and slid down the side of the helicopter.  His ring got caught on an open panel and it pulled his finger off and his tendons out of his arm.  A serious lesson I will not forget. 
    Bob
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 10:27:03 am »

Bob,

About the wedding band thing.  I volunteer helping people in need through a CARS Ministry program at church.  So I am under the hood of many vehicles on a regular basis.  That band really needs to be taken off for the same reason.  I was careful those first 5 years, but the band did snag once in a great while which did get a little blood drawn.  Since our first born 27 years ago, the band comes off when doing work and when in bed.  My band somehow had always gotten caught on my wife and her bedtime attire in various ways of which I won't get into any detail about that.

billy
SuperHero Member

Helpful Rating: 72
________
PurchDate: Feb, 6 2011. Same day Packers won super bowl
Model: 3100
________

Best Friends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 09:06:25 pm »

When I worked as a mechanic, I did front end alignments. I slid off a fender and my ring hung up on something and almost lost my finger. I don't need a ring to prove I love my wife. Just my two cents worth!   bill

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 05:17:56 pm »

I'm being a dufous here but I can't see the pictures.  How do I get to them?

Margie
TomHanlon
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 06:52:44 pm »

Look under "2552 Mods/Improvements, #2 & #3" for the pictures.

Tom Hanlon
Margie

Helpful Rating: 3
________
PurchDate: 10/09
Model: 2350 Sprinter
ModelYear: 2010
ExtColor: Full body paint/latte
________

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 08:14:17 pm »

Thank you.  I found them and am interested in knowing where you were able to find that folding towel bar for the shower?  I have been attempting to use suction hooks for towels in the shower and am not being very successful.  Would love to find some of these.

Margie
gl1500

________
________

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 10:17:55 pm »

Margie,
  Go up to Reply #4 above your request.  I listed the items, part numbers, and sizes of the towel holders.  They were purchased at a standard RV store.  I hope this helps.  If you do need more, let me know and I will try and reproduce a page out of an RV catalog.
     Bob
ron.dittmer
SuperHero Member
PCPC

________
________

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 05:53:53 am »

The only thing about the fold-away towel bar that troubles me is that it screws into the wall.  Does it also come with an adhesive foam tape for mounting?  I ask because, if I later decide I either don't like it or want to move it, I am not leaving holes in the wall.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: